Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens(no spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars: The Force Awakens(no spoilers)

So, I saw it tonight and it is good. I mean really good. The actors are great. They went with more practical effects than the CGI mess we see often nowadays. The theater sold so many tickets they had to open like 4 or 5 screens for the 7 o'clock showing. When I left the line was around the corner for the 10 o'clock. I would definitely put it up there with the originals.

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens(no spoilers)

Cool! I plan to go on Saturday.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I won't be able to go till the beginning of January. I trust that it will be great!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Went last night, and even in our small city/big town they had hourly showings and typically two/three theatres open each hour
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'll be going a little later this afternoon!

Comment

Reports I have heard have all been good...
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Just got home from seeing it. Liked it a lot! This was the most crowded I've seen my little town's theater. I laughed, cried, and flashed back a lot to my junior year of college when the original came out.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Seeing it on Tuesday! (With a guy.. but that's not important) but I remember seeing the 3rd in theaters with my dad as a kid. He raised me on Star Wars so I'm really excited.
                A Happy Little Wiccan:^^:

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Because who needs a life when you have a chatroom.

Comment

Last night I saw the movie and I tell you my review: The movie was good. It got a lot of potenial with the special effects and new actors. It got a few shocking surprises during the movie. The storyline is more like a remake of the New Hope. Overall it was a good movie. I'm going to rate this a 4 out of 5.

Comment

I enjoyed it, but well, there was something about the plot I found... Repetitive. To put it in a spoiler free way *sigh*. But yeah, it was good!
                    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I loved it. It was almost everything I hoped it would be. I agree with Malflick that it has a repetitive nature, but I think that the repetition can be dealt with in a way that opens up a completely new story in the upcoming films. At any rate, it made up for the prequels, which really made me lose hope in the series.

It wasn't totally full in the theater we were at, but almost every theater in Berlin is showing it several times a day, and most people wanted to go see it in 3D or at the IMAX (which was sold out weeks in advance). We chose the lazy option to go see it in English with German subtitles within stumbling distance from our apartment, which is one of my favourite theaters anyway.

Comment

I saw it last Wednesday night when it came out, strangely in the UK before the US. Don't get that. Anyway, it was alright. It was better than the prilogy, and in many ways it was better than the original trilogy. The original trilogy had terrible acting. Seriously terrible.

However, and I won't go into detail, it was not very original and it was very safe, and I was disappointed. Visually, it was definitely stunning and the characters are the most superior of all the Star Wars films (except old Leia who seems incapable of showing emotion these days).

All this said, seems doom and gloom, but this is actually probably the best Star Wars film and considering the proposed director for Star Wars VIII it will probably not be superceded.
                        I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                        Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                        But that day you know I left my money
                        And I thought of you only
                        All that copper glowing fine

Comment

All told, I had 2-3 minor issues but those can be mitigated depending on how 8 goes. Overall, I enjoyed it a lot.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I saw it on Thursday. We went to a 7pm showing, but they let us sit down before then (we got there at 5 and there were people who got there before us sitting already). Gamestop had brought Star Wars Battlefront and they passed around the controllers so people got to play on the giant screen. =)

The movie did the parallels in a very nice way, without overdoing it, I thought. I was really happy with how it went, and look forward to the next one. I thought the music and actors were superb. Dialogue in most places was witty and on target. XD
                            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Well I saw Star Wars VII today and I loved it. I had a few issues with it, but overall, it was great!
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                              X