Come together, right now, over me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come together, right now, over me!

Yup - no reason that Christians and pagans gotta be fightin'.

Get with the program. It's the 21st century, and we need more getting along, and less divisiveness.

What Christians And Pagans Have In Common During The Holidays: Paganism and Christianity are tied together by history and tradition, which doesn't have to be a source of conflict.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Come together, right now, over me!

My only problem with this holiday season is the "war on Christmas" people. Otherwise, we're cool.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
      My only problem with this holiday season is the "war on Christmas" people. Otherwise, we're cool.
      My feelings - let's all join hands and sing Kumbyaha. Sure, it's a joke, but, at this point, what do we have to loose?

Should we suggest that "the kids are all right," or assassinate those we disagree with?

I like getting along. More chicks, fewer jerks.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I thought the spending money pulled everyone together.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          I thought the spending money pulled everyone together.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Should we suggest that "the kids are all right," or assassinate those we disagree with?
            Depends on how I'm feeling that day.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I think that was nice Corbin.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                I think that was nice Corbin.
                Don't mind me. I'm just cranky.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Why does it cause guilt?
                  "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Nah cranky is good. I have been really lucky and haven't had anyone try and convert me this year. I like to keep the peace when I'm with family. I don't upset my Nan that way.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                      Why does it cause guilt?
                      Here be a subtle trick, when used as one -

Give more than you know can be returned, then suck up the guilt.

This isn't always the case - there are wonderful people who give without thought of return - but it can be, at times, a deceptive strategy. It is one of the reasons why some people will not accept "charity."

Comment

Here be a subtle trick, when used as one -

Give more than you know can be returned, then suck up the guilt.

This isn't always the case - there are wonderful people who give without thought of return - but it can be, at times, a deceptive strategy. It is one of the reasons why some people will not accept "charity."
                        Ok, so why does it cause guilt? Because people are doing things for others and get nothing in return?
                        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                          Ok, so why does it cause guilt? Because people are doing things for others and get nothing in return?
                          We humans have an innate "tit-for-tat" generator. There is a strong desire to return favor for favor - it's why we can " trust" other people.

But, weirdly, evolution produces an attack for every defense, and a defense for every attack.

The upshot of all this being - we want to trust honest people, but we know there are dishonest people, so we try (not very successfully) to tell one from the other, and end up muddled.

Comment

The guilt is because you can not give as much as you received. Or can't give at all. I don't think gifts should ever be given to with the hope of causing guilt but some people do it.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                              The guilt is because you can not give as much as you received. Or can't give at all. I don't think gifts should ever be given to with the hope of causing guilt but some people do it.
                              I find that weird, but thanks for explaining it.

- - - Updated - - -

We humans have an innate "tit-for-tat" generator. There is a strong desire to return favor for favor - it's why we can " trust" other people.

But, weirdly, evolution produces an attack for every defense, and a defense for every attack.

The upshot of all this being - we want to trust honest people, but we know there are dishonest people, so we try (not very successfully) to tell one from the other, and end up muddled.
                              This is all so weird to me, lol. I'm trying to understand it, but I'm not. I think I'm just too tired today. So, giving a gift and not receiving something in return makes the person who got the gift feel guilty for not giving the person that gave the gift a gift

Comment

Working...
                              X