Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Come together, right now, over me!

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
    This is all so weird to me, lol. I'm trying to understand it, but I'm not. I think I'm just too tired today. So, giving a gift and not receiving something in return makes the person who got the gift feel guilty for not giving the person that gave the gift a gift
    Yes - I have people who seem to pull this on me regularly. I don't have much money, but I have wealthy relatives. They have, on occasion, told me that what they gave was not equal to what they got.

My response is to quite giving, if you expict an equal return.

IMHO - giving gifts is an honor, and not (when done rightly) subject to cost/expense analysis.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      Yes - I have people who seem to pull this on me regularly. I don't have much money, but I have wealthy relatives. They have, on occasion, told me that what they gave was not equal to what they got.

My response is to quite giving, if you expict an equal return.

IMHO - giving gifts is an honor, and not (when done rightly) subject to cost/expense analysis.
      Ah okay, thank you for taking the time to explain it to me.
      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Yup - no reason that Christians and pagans gotta be fightin'.
        I practice bah-humbuggery in a non-sectarian way, Christians are welcome too.
        Once a man, like the sea I raged;
        Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
        And there is in fact more earth than sea.
        Genesis lyric

Comment

Originally posted by Porpoise View Post
          I practice bah-humbuggery in a non-sectarian way, Christians are welcome too.
          bah-humbuggery
          ?
          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

See scrooge book or movie...
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Porpoise View Post
              I practice bah-humbuggery in a non-sectarian way,
              I must admit I'm getting to the stage of "one more carol and I'll scream!" But the BBC acknowledged the solstice today, and played Nielson's Helios Overture in celebration, so I think I can hold up to the weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X