Yuletide festivities!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuletide festivities!!!

Its that time again folks. Lets talk food! What are you serving for your Yule feast. We will be doing ours on the 25th because I am in a house full of Christian people, and tbh it doesn't bother me in the least. I haven't had a big Yule meal in years. Seeing as I normally work on during the holidays. It will be lunch so we can snack all through the day. So there will be 7 of us and our meal will consist of:

Breakfast will be an egg, hash brown sausage bake.

ham, roasted garlic red potatoes, bacon wrapped green beans, deviled eggs, rolls, chocolate cake(from Sams they fight over that cake) chocolate turtles because who doesn't love playing with caramel and sugar! and of course adult beverages. We have settled on a "Venezuelan Eggnog"http://mommyhoodsdiary.com/venezuela...-ponche-crema/ , and brandy alexander.

What are you planning for you food festivities?
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Re: Yuletide festivities!!!

I don't know, but I will definitely be reading what is here it within for nommie suggestions.

I know that the following will be served: pistachios, mussels, shrimp, exotic cheese, etc.

Additional suggestions applauded.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I know it's not really a Yuletide traditional dish, but I am making Hungarian Chicken Paprikas(h) tomorrow. It's getting cold down here and it will be a warm dish for the beginning of our year. Lot's of paprika!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Spaghetti & meatballs.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

latkes (fried potato pancake) with homemade applesauce, sufganiot (its like a doughnut with no hole and powder sugar), loukoumades (fried honey puffs), cheese gilt coins, kugel (pasta squash and potato casserole), beef and wine brisket, cheese cake and blintzes

Comment

Originally posted by Kiesha'ra View Post
            latkes (fried potato pancake) with homemade applesauce, sufganiot (its like a doughnut with no hole and powder sugar), loukoumades (fried honey puffs), cheese gilt coins, kugel (pasta squash and potato casserole), beef and wine brisket, cheese cake and blintzes
            That's entirely Jewish food.

Mostly art.

Comment

Because of our weird schedules, I think we may be doing our Yule meal/cooking something special together for my birthday together on or around Yule and this year I really want to make Fisherman's Pie again. I haven't made it in years because the person I originally made it with had walked out of my life, but now he's back, and he's the only one who will eat it with me lol
              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
              sigpic

Comment

I have to make a correction to my plans. Apparently KP says he thought we were having 3 adult beverages not 2 and we can't have all t3 he same day so we have to spread them out. So maybe buttered rum on 24th evening and then the other 2 on the 25th.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Are there any records for how Yule has been celebrated in the past and any affiliated rituals occur, what were they? Curious to know.
                  I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                  Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                  But that day you know I left my money
                  And I thought of you only
                  All that copper glowing fine

Comment

I had posted in another Yule thread that I was going to get up and make a breakfast casserole, but I've now decided I'm craving an omelette. So, I'll be getting up and making an omelette with toast in the morning. I think I'll put bacon, spinach, red onion and heirloom tomato in it with provolone cheese.

On Christmas, my little family (fiance, son, mom and step dad) and I will be doing our sit down for the holidays dinner. None of them are religious, but we've just stuck with the 25th. My mom is making a brown sugar glazed ham, candied yams (my brain associates those with autumn, but whatever keeps momma happy, right) and some big, yummy rolls (I'm spacing on the name of what type they are, right now). She's also making sausage balls (a concoction of Bisquick, scrambled breakfast sausage and cheddar cheese for snacks throughout the day and I'll be making a cheese ball to munch on while cooking; that's going to have cream cheese, white cheddar, bacon, cranberries, almonds and fresh parsley (Pinterest find LOL, sounds interesting). I'm making balsamic roasted winter veggies (carrot, parsnip and yellow onion) with fresh rosemary and (rue based) homemade macaroni and cheese to contribute to dinner. My mom made Russian tea cakes/wedding cookies yesterday that are going fast. We'd usually make a dessert for after dinner, but we're having cupcakes from a special holiday themed menu our favorite bakery is offering on Thursday, so everyone agreed a dessert is not necessary on Friday. Chocolate covered candy cane cupcake ... mmm! Is it Thursday, yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X