Hiding In Plain Sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hiding In Plain Sight

I feel you. Everyone has their own discipline they have to push upon themselves. Some more than others. But with experience you will learn to do it as old hat. Maybe find a way to do some controlled destruction.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      I feel you. Everyone has their own discipline they have to push upon themselves. Some more than others. But with experience you will learn to do it as old hat. Maybe find a way to do some controlled destruction.
      Like what? What do you have in mind?
      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Heavy metal my friend. Heavy metal is your friend. I can't tell you how much NIN I listen to to get out all my rage. It's great.

Comment

Heavy metal my friend. Heavy metal is your friend. I can't tell you how much NIN I listen to to get out all my rage. It's great.
          Haha, that's funny. I'm not too fond of it, myself. That never seems to work for me.
          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

It always worked for me too EC,loud and driving...helps with the anger constipation.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

EndlessCravings,
              You know yourself well for one of your age. It is said that people with "controllable" ASPD are some of the most successful sales people, politicians and corporate managers.The lack of compassion and morals seems to be necessary to those positions. Accepting the ethical code of society and the etiquette that governs those interactions is the easy part. Faking compassion and interest for others is the hard part. You need to find companions who are less emotional about things in life and perhaps present yourself as less emotional so others don't come to you for comfort. They may come to you for advice when they want an impartial opinion and that is easier for you to do. At your age emotions are expected but if you don't have them don't pretend. Be yourself (within the limits of common ethics) and let those who appreciate that come to you.
              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

"One other thing,when I was in the mental health system,and did the therapist thing(my issue at the time was severe depression) I found the definition of Personality disorder and asked my Therapist if I might be like that. What I found out was,therapist's hate dealing with a person with ASPD because it is one of the most difficult to deal with over all the others."

My question is; did you actually get a diagnosis for ASPD? Because if you did not and all you actually did was self-diagnose from a book (which is never a good idea) then you may not be getting the treatment you need. You said that you had depression? Perhaps what is really going is this or even Bipolar disorder which can sometimes mask as other issues such as ASPD and schizophrenia. If you have never been actually diagnosed I urge you to do so in order to get the proper treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                  Haha, that's funny. I'm not too fond of it, myself. That never seems to work for me.
                  If you are that young, I would second avoiding the label as long as you can. Even if it's spot on, it will change the way people treat you. I completely respect that you know yourself best, but we old farts do know that a whole lot of change happens in your early twenties. You seem to have very good insight, so please don't think I am discounting your judgement. Just asking you to consider a possibility.

As for distraction, have you considered a high adrenaline sport? I have heard that that can help. Something like downhill skiing or rock climbing. Maybe one you can do without working in a team setting. I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself, but the thrill and required focus might be useful. Also burn off anger and frustration.

Again, you seem pretty perceptive. I bet you'll figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                    If you are that young, I would second avoiding the label as long as you can. Even if it's spot on, it will change the way people treat you. I completely respect that you know yourself best, but we old farts do know that a whole lot of change happens in your early twenties. You seem to have very good insight, so please don't think I am discounting your judgement. Just asking you to consider a possibility.

As for distraction, have you considered a high adrenaline sport? I have heard that that can help. Something like downhill skiing or rock climbing. Maybe one you can do without working in a team setting. I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself, but the thrill and required focus might be useful. Also burn off anger and frustration.

Again, you seem pretty perceptive. I bet you'll figure it out.
                    Consider a possibility of what? I've never considered either of those sports. Oh, and I'm not. It's not wise to tell my business in real life. I just doubt a personality disorder is gonna change like that. Sorry if my sentences aren't making too much sense, I'm tired.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                    EndlessCravings,
                    You know yourself well for one of your age. It is said that people with "controllable" ASPD are some of the most successful sales people, politicians and corporate managers.The lack of compassion and morals seems to be necessary to those positions. Accepting the ethical code of society and the etiquette that governs those interactions is the easy part. Faking compassion and interest for others is the hard part. You need to find companions who are less emotional about things in life and perhaps present yourself as less emotional so others don't come to you for comfort. They may come to you for advice when they want an impartial opinion and that is easier for you to do. At your age emotions are expected but if you don't have them don't pretend. Be yourself (within the limits of common ethics) and let those who appreciate that come to you.
                    Thanks! Yeah, I had a person I talked to who was really, really emotional. She had a personality disorder, also. She had bpd and I didn't realize it and neither did she until a long time. Anyway, I couldn't help her and be whoever she wanted me to be. She was very, very emotional and was manipulative. Like saying "I'm gonna kill myself" stuff like that, that type of manipulation, lol. Of course, it's so normal for her to do that(sarcasm). And I'm the bad guy because I didn't care. I would say okay and finish saying my point or go do something else. But she was just all out of sorts, she had a lot of issues, We don't talk anymore, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Taulmaril View Post
                      "One other thing,when I was in the mental health system,and did the therapist thing(my issue at the time was severe depression) I found the definition of Personality disorder and asked my Therapist if I might be like that. What I found out was,therapist's hate dealing with a person with ASPD because it is one of the most difficult to deal with over all the others."

My question is; did you actually get a diagnosis for ASPD? Because if you did not and all you actually did was self-diagnose from a book (which is never a good idea) then you may not be getting the treatment you need. You said that you had depression? Perhaps what is really going is this or even Bipolar disorder which can sometimes mask as other issues such as ASPD and schizophrenia. If you have never been actually diagnosed I urge you to do so in order to get the proper treatment.
                      You must be talking to Anunitu?

Comment

Figured I don't need to be discussing my point with anyone just to talk in this thread. Perfectly content with writing my thoughts down. I've noticed I'm starting to lose interest in my teacher. Life is about to get really boring.

Comment

Figured I don't need to be discussing my point with anyone just to talk in this thread. Perfectly content with writing my thoughts down. I've noticed I'm starting to lose interest in my teacher. Life is about to get really boring.
                          so why did you start this thread?

Comment

so why did you start this thread?
                            Because I wanted to talk about my struggles like everyone else and people could comment or offer advice if they "wanted" to.

Comment

Because I wanted to talk about my struggles like everyone else and people could comment or offer advice if they "wanted" to.
                              Well we are. I hope you aren't discouraged from talking about this subject though. In the end we can only go by what you tell us. It's a safe place here. No one is gonna judge you. Just give you honest feedback in what you want to discuss.

Comment

Well we are. I hope you aren't discouraged from talking about this subject though. In the end we can only go by what you tell us. It's a safe place here. No one is gonna judge you. Just give you honest feedback in what you want to discuss.
                                Thank you. I'm not discouraged at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                I have wondered about myself because I do not mourn people that have died,not for my Father or Mother,or older brother or older sister. I do not feel anything other than the feeling they are no longer here,but no mourning.
                                Not sure if that is because I do not feel anything,I just have never felt like mourning like I see others do. I will say I have never felt like I belonged anywhere(Stranger in a strange land thing)
                                The stranger in a strange land thing is interesting. I usually adapt to people's personality. I think that's the right way to say it. I show them traits that I want them to see. I'm pretty in control of my emotions but have episodes rarely. Mourning is weird, weird as in I don't really understand some aspects of it. I've cried over my dead sister that I've never met in my life who is older than me, and have her name tattooed on my back, but I didn't care when my grandmother died. Maybe it was because it just really wasn't a shocking thing. She had already been hospice.

Comment

Working...
                                X