Dating People With Different Beliefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dating People With Different Beliefs

Though, I will say that the person I married is also Pagan. It has made raising children much simpler
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      I'm fine with agnostics. I'm just not going to want to date a person who doesn't have a leg to stand on either way. I't's not about them as much as me. If you haven't noticed I'm a tough cookie to deal with.
      I dunno I feel like your more a piece of apple pie? Maybe peach cobbler.
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

i'm a loganberry pie

get it? Get it? Wolvie's real name is Logan....
        teeheee
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          i'm a loganberry pie

get it? Get it? Wolvie's real name is Logan....
          teeheee
          hahahaha I get it I get it!!!
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Having been married to a devout Christian we worked things out,but the difference in beliefs did put a strain on our relationship. We are still friends and still care about each other,but different worlds,Ya know?
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I've never dated another pagan. Mostly atheists, now that I think of it. I don't really care what someone else's beliefs are, as long as they respect my right to hold and practice my own. I don't think it'd work out for me dating someone who is a hardcore fundamentalist of any religion, for obvious reasons.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Was married to an agnostic......easier than dating a Mormon (never, never again)... but I still kinda felt like it was a slightly patronizing "Okay honey, you do what you want to, and I'm just gunna walk away" when dealing with certain things. Currently dating a pagan-though he worships a different pantheon (he took up with the Greek gods, I mostly have the Norse ones) it makes my life a LOT simpler and less hectic, and its been nice bonding over it. We don't sit back and go "no, my way is right" and we both are of the opinion along the lines of its more a matter of who we bother giving our allegiance to rather than which one actually exists.
                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                sigpic

Comment

Comment

Yep. I'm a pretty open minded person as far as beliefs go. He told me what I believed in was bad. Anyway, different beliefs or not, if yo love each other I'm sure you WILL find a way to make it work. Or break up.
                    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Dating isn't going to be as difficult as marrying/being married to. Thankfully we left our joint religion together after we went out for a meal and had an initially awkward conversation which turned out to be relieving for both.

Since we have agreed to raise our children from a secular perspective, the fact I am pagan and she is atheist is not an issue, particularly as she greatly enjoys going to pagan festivals and is very much looking forward to Beltane. It would be saddening for me to do these things on my own, although I don't feel we have to do everything together (we like being 'on our own, together') I like to share enjoyment and experiences.
                      I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                      Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                      But that day you know I left my money
                      And I thought of you only
                      All that copper glowing fine

Comment

As a teenage Christian conscript I dated a teenage witch. Though due to my ties with my father I knew more about her craft than she did. Today, we are friends on FB and she is a devout (at least publicly) Christian and I'm an eclectic pagan witch. Funny how things shake out in time.

My wife's Methodist, but has no issue with my beliefs now that they're out in the open. She realizes no one belief system is the whole story. Our only point of disagreement is monotheism vs polytheist, but even there she admits it's just that she was raised that way. And acknowledges if one is possible, many are possible. It's her choice to stay with what she was taught. I respect her, and she respects me.

Comment

Working...
                        X