Fight breaks out among anti-violence activists in New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight breaks out among anti-violence activists in New Jersey

Is this not the premise of a joke somewhere?
    Sauce.

If it was not true,this would really be funny.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Fight breaks out among anti-violence activists in New Jersey

Be peaceful or I'll punch your lights out. It's a Jersey thing!
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Reading the comments section of a Fox News article is like listening to a KKK rally.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
        Reading the comments section of a Fox News article is like listening to a KKK rally.
        You make me both not want to click and want to desperately click!

*click

that's enough Fox News for the year.:xD:
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I find it ironic that an anti-violence rally will go violent. Boom there goes the dynamite.

Comment

I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honor than that she should in a cowardly manner become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonor.

But I believe that nonviolence is infinitely superior to violence, forgiveness is more manly than punishment, forgiveness adorns a soldier
            Mahatma Ghandi

even Ghandi had to admit that for some causes violence was necessary.

This however just seems senseless to me TBH. And in Jersey? TBH if this was a Florida story I wouldn't be as surprised, it seems to be a centre for WEIRD, but Jersey? really?

Comment

There's more violence everywhere these days. Usually the more quiet and peaceful places are more violent nowadays.

Comment

Gandhi was a racist and a misogynist. He is the reason India still has such a poor view of women.

The world is more peaceful than it has ever been. The issue is that we are globalised so you hear about it quickly and in detail. Much of the world has not been in a war for a long, long time, these days it's mainly civil war.
                Last edited by Briton; 11 Jan 2016, 23:01.
                I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                But that day you know I left my money
                And I thought of you only
                All that copper glowing fine

Comment

1) I was trying to be a little funny in that post but that obviously failed and/or went over your head -TBH I was expecting someone from Florida to come to thier states defense

2) I would dispute your use of a 2013 article on the state of the world today. The number of nations with troops in active operations internally or otherwise would, I am sure, be greater now than it was then - and civil wars are still WAR man.

3) I don't dispute a thing you say about Ghandi. I think you'll also find JFK and Churchill were misogynists and JFK was a generation after Ghandi. It seems you wish to push the current view that If they aren't up to today's PC Bullshit standards then their contribution to human thought and history is not relevant. Many of his thoughts are still thought of as valid by many people. I would say that Indra Ghandi (Yes a WOMAN and no relation BTW) is far more relevant a person to place blame on for the failure of India to treat women with more respect. She was after all a) A Woman and b) a politician for over 20 years, and even India's prime minister (For a total of nearly 15 years!!).
                  Are you saying that America wasn't still very racist in WW2? I believe they even had African Americans serving in different units by the Axe! Hell sometime you should read the article about the first Australian Aboriginal Officer - Ghandi's Era again. Published in the very prim and proper (at the time) Women's Weekly. By today's standard it wouldn't be published and the author/journalist that wrote it would be facing slander charges at the least! Those Attitudes were standard fare for the times these people lived through - give the thoughts the context! Don't judge them by a standard they never knew or probably even considered they might face!

Taking a person's views and judging them by today's standards without the context of the times they lived in is irresponsible at best, and deliberate fabrication and deception at worst. It really annoys me so please don't try and be a smart arse or troll or whatever and do it to me again. I've been studying history and philosophy in my spare time and at educational faculties for almost 20 years now. I am happy to be corrected if you acknowledge the prevailing attitudes of the times - you didn't.

Don't attack someones more respected thoughts by attacking their character - attack the substance of the thoughts put forth.

Finally I personally despise non-violence as a cop out. I don't seek it but I'm a strong believer in the responsibility to protect those weaker or less fortunate. I've seen too many people use non violence as a cover for cowardice or picking a place to be a bully in other way than violently. And don't tell me that racisim doesn't still exist. the number of times I've kicked out a drunk from one of the pubs who's 1/2 or 1/4 blood aboriginal because he's drunk and he's claimed racism and called me a "White ---- Jesus" I literally cannot count. Some of them have paler skin than me and it only takes me 10 mins to burn in the sun.

Comment

It seems a human "burden" that we are our own worst enemy...I do not think anything could wipe us out but we ourselves. We seem to be the lemmings of the universe.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Lemmings don't actually jump of cliffs in large numbers you know. just sayin.

Comment

Hmmm,another fine myth you have broken......(Stan and Ollie say)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Marradin View Post
                          1)2) I would dispute your use of a 2013 article on the state of the world today. The number of nations with troops in active operations internally or otherwise would, I am sure, be greater now than it was then - and civil wars are still WAR man.
                          Try The Better Angels of Our Nature, by Stephen Pinker, then.

while I can't say that 2013 violence was higher or lower than 2015 violence (no stats), the overall trend over time has been a massive reduction in violence IN ALL FORMS, man.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Still feels kinda violent,but it may be at my age it seems a bit excess..And yeh,better than the whole WW2 thing,and vietnam..oh and the 10 plus Iraq,and Afghanistan wars.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I can also tell you that one of the reasons I quit pub work is that more people were getting into fisticuffs. Writing up one or 2 incidents a weekend was ok - but when it was reaching 5 or more a night I just gave up on it - not worth the extra unpaid hour or 2 writing them up TBH

Comment

Working...
                              X