Can't Walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Walk

In the past few weeks, I've experienced an inability to walk. This started on December 12th, 2015. Before this, my walk became strange and off-balance, and a doctor diagnosed me with an inner ear infection. I was admitted to the hospital for two days before being let out, though they found nothing physically wrong with my leg. This temporarily made me able to walk again, but I soon lost my ability to walk again. To move around, I have to lean on something. Even standing has become impossible without leaning. Whenever I try to move or stand without leaning on something, I fall onto my knees. In addition, I've also experienced large amounts of coughing, and my arm sometimes flails about uncontrollably. My dad refuses to take me to a doctor, and he expects me to attend school in this condition. What do I do?

Re: Can't Walk

Tell your mom? if that isn't an option you could try pressing him again. Are you eating regularly?
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Yes, I am eating regularly.

Comment

The arm flailing us odd, but the walking bit sounds like chronic fatigue syndrome. I've experienced something similar with somebody very close to me. It's also been my experience that this, coupled with depression or anxiety can manifest itself in creative ways.

In the instance of the individual close to me, it initially was paralysis if the right leg, though as she sought treatment it seemed to move around from place to place.

I may be far of base in your situation, but for her addressing anxiety was the best treatment.

Comment

As to the inner ear thing,I had something like that as a side effect from medication a long time back.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you are considered a minor still,your Father "Could" be charged with child neglect.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Are you dizzy og nauseaus? I had something with my inner ear (virus) a few years ago, where I couldn't even sit straight on a chair without falling off, but that wasn't just tiredness, it was very much due to dizzyness... anxiety, depression, stress and such can do that to you too... but a doctor really should make VERY sure it's nothing physical before blaming the mind... another thing that springs to mind is vitamin deficiency, lacking various vitamins can really mess with your body...
            Do you have school nurse or something that might be able to convince your dad you need to see a doctor?
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

There is a school nurse.

Comment

You really should get back to the hospital. I'm not a doctor, but I'm worried it might be something more serious like a spinal or nerve issue. Go to the nurse and explain your issue. She might have the ability to get something done.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Today, another symptom has presented itself; my head is currently shaking and moving around uncontrollably.

Comment

Infections can spread. I'd advise you to talk to someone else other than your parent.
                    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I plan to see the school nurse tomorrow to get her to convince my dad to get me some help.

Comment

Well, in another development, my upper arm has become weak to the point that I can't lift my hand to the sky. All my dad has done is get me a cane and two dumbbells.

Comment

Originally posted by LearningMan View Post
                          Well, in another development, my upper arm has become weak to the point that I can't lift my hand to the sky. All my dad has done is get me a cane and two dumbbells.
                          Please go to the ER. Whatever is wrong with you is not normal.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                            Please go to the ER. Whatever is wrong with you is not normal.
                            Please do this. Habbalah is right.
                            What did the school nurse say?

Comment

I don't think the school nurse said anything. All she did was send me home. Tomorrow, I plan to take a cab to the hospital while my dad isn't home.

Comment

Working...
                              X