No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What kind of scents do you use in your home?
    Nag Champa incense. Thats probably it
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I burn scented oil in my work room, and they vary greatly. Right now, the scene is orange cream.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Right now I have scented candle that smells like peaches. I also use incense such as Nag Champa, sandalwood, etc.
        "Well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer,
        The future's uncertain and the end is always near"

Comment

Here's why I asked this question. So my boss likes to use swiffers and air freshener gels and sprays in the office every single day. And I loooove the swiffers and dusting because they smell like lavender. But sort of like if a man with cologne wore lavender. They have a strong 'cologne' smell added. I dunno. Anyways, my boss was gone for a week. And then Josh (the other asst) and I started spraying this stuff. Like all the time. Like we would joke we should use it as perfume.

So then I went to Target and I bought the lavender spray. And I confessed this to Josh. Who also bought it. So now we are addicted.

I love the lavender fabreeze.

*spritz spritz.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Here's why I asked this question. So my boss likes to use swiffers and air freshener gels and sprays in the office every single day. And I loooove the swiffers and dusting because they smell like lavender. But sort of like if a man with cologne wore lavender. They have a strong 'cologne' smell added. I dunno. Anyways, my boss was gone for a week. And then Josh (the other asst) and I started spraying this stuff. Like all the time. Like we would joke we should use it as perfume.

So then I went to Target and I bought the lavender spray. And I confessed this to Josh. Who also bought it. So now we are addicted.

I love the lavender fabreeze.

*spritz spritz.
            I love lavender. But anything perfume-y gives me a headache.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I have a rotating thing of candle melts that range from coffee, campfire, kitchen spices, and "Thunderstorm" that I switch out randomly
              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
              sigpic

Comment

What scent do you detest?
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Smoke of pretty much any kind.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Chinese food. I don't know why, but the smell of it makes me physically ill
                    "Well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer,
                    The future's uncertain and the end is always near"

Comment

None really. I can't stand much because of my bad headaches.

- - - Updated - - -

Cigarette smoke and really bad smelling perfume.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Anything intended to smell like some form of "melon," that isn't an actual melon.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Anything tooty-fruity. Makes me want to vom.
                          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Ah, what a timely question! I've been trying to cut down on artificial scents ever since I saw the piece on 'Trust me I'm a Doctor' where they measured the level of toxic compounds in the homes of various people. Until I actually saw the results for myself, I assumed it was all part of the 'toxins are gonna kill us all' conspiracy and trusted that my body would be more than able to filter these particles from my system when they make their way in, but now I'm a bit freaked out. In particular they focused on a substance called limonene which is in many artificially scented products and while harmless in itself, oxidises to formaldehyde, a known carcinogen. When they tested the formaldehyde levels in homes that use a lot of artificial air-fresheners and scented cleaning products, they all measured high with one home being literally off the scale!

I use cleaning products at work and it has me really paranoid to be honest. At home I've started keeping the windows open when I'm cleaning, and I'm gradually filling my home with ferns (the show also showed how certain house plants can remove limonene and other toxic products from the air, and when I checked out the website, it seems ferns are the best!). I also have a little jasmine plant in the living room, and I'm planning to buy a lavender for the bathroom for scent (lavender also has air-cleansing qualities).

Earlier in the week they covered a report on the harmfulness of scented products on morning tv and they said that even scented candles are potentially harmful. We have a cat so I'm really conflicted, because I want to avoid these chemicals, but I also don't want our home to smell of cats.

So right now my answer is; a jasmine plant, essential oils, and for the kitchen floor and around Dolly's litter tray, I still use zoflora, because the place stinks when I stop using it.

Same story on the 'Trust Me' website

I'm not keen on artificial 'lemon' smells.
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Cotton candy perfume, and fake cinnamon. Also a locker room that smells like a french whore on penny day.
                              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Strong chemical odors (except chlorine--I like the smell of chlorine). Cigarette and cigar smoke (weed is even worse). Anything overly-perfumy. Heavy floral scents. Vetiver and valerian. Microwaved eggs (I know this one is specific, but it's only when they're microwaved. If they're cooked any other way, it doesn't bother me).

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                                X