No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    None of them. I don't get people's resentment of fairy tales. But then again, I was a child that got Disney AND Grimm Bros. You know what that taught me? There's always more than one version of a story.

Agrees with Thal, I had both versions and enjoyed them equally as much.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

With summer coming, what level or sun protection do you use?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        My lip balm is SPF 15, That's it. I stay out for very short periods and get some color. In the 70's I laid out with baby oil. In the 90's I stayed in. Now I want to be (just a little) tan again!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

SPF0

I don't like oily stuff on me, so I hang in the shade.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I wish my Cerave moisturizer had spf but it doesn't. But I'm only in the sun when I ride my bike to and from work. When I do my commute by bus I do the old asian lady move and always use my leopard umbrella! And when I do go out in the sun I use spf 30. Sadly one of my medications tells me to avoid prolong sun exposure anyways. No not sadly. Screw the sun!

Though I did go a shade darker in my foundation to nude now that I ride my bike.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

SPF 30. Because I still want to tan, and my skin is so fair that I can do it through SPF 30. If I go out at all, at any point in the summer without sunscreen, I risk burning.

...like yesterday. My face is so burnt.

Mostly art.

Comment

I hardly go out in the sun. I do not like summer, so I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible. However, when I do go travel, I use the highest SPF I can. I burn pretty easily because I am pale.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

20 tends to be the standard here, so that's usually what I use. But really, I just slap on whatever is in the house. If my parents come to visit and leave sunscreen here, it's like 60-90. If it's in my moisturizer, it's like 8. I don't burn, even if I don't wear any at all, so I'm not too concerned with the level, as long as it's there.

Comment

SPF 50, and I still get tan/burnt (depends if its a vitiligo area or not)--and I wear it all year around, not just in the summer.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      SPF 50, and I still get tan/burnt (depends if its a vitiligo area or not)--and I wear it all year around, not just in the summer.
                      If I had daylight all year round, I would too

Mostly art.

Comment

My skin just burns. I never tan and even my face and hands remain sensitive to UV.
                        There is no SPF number that offers me protection so I wear long sleeves and long pants all the time. I wear large brimmed hats and UV sun-glasses.
                        No kidding! I will blister if I am in the sun more than 15 minutes.
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

SPF Albino. I am pale as pale can be and I burn burn burn, after I burn a few times I might start to get a little color. So i just stick with as high as I can get.
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

SPF 50 usually, I use the same kind as my kids simply for convenience. But if I go out alone, I often forget to wear any.
                            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              SPF 30. Because I still want to tan, and my skin is so fair that I can do it through SPF 30. If I go out at all, at any point in the summer without sunscreen, I risk burning.
                              This. It being pretty much endless spring and summer here, I have to wear sunscreen whenever I spend any substantial amount of time outdoors. I don't burn too quickly, thankfully, but I do have pretty fair skin and SPF 30 is what it takes to get a tan without burning. I dunno if it's different here or what, but when I lived in WV, I could not tan no matter what. If I didn't wear sunscreen, I burned and then went back to my usual pale self. If I did wear sunscreen, I just stayed white. But here, wearing sunscreen allows me to tan without burning.
                              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                              -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

I will say this,when younger I spent a LOT of time in the sun..and I guess it has to do with my mixed lineage that I tan very dark. Dark enough that I was once asked by a Mexican if I was also Mexican. Might come from my Italian part,dark Italian. Not sure if French tan like that(My skin was always described as Ruddy)
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X