Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember Cliven Bundy, the rancher with animals grazing on Federal land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remember Cliven Bundy, the rancher with animals grazing on Federal land?

Hypocrisy at its best: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...ness_loan.html

Comment

I am really wondering why this standoff seems so "friendly". Taking over a federal building in other situations might seem to bring down full tilt attack.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        I am really wondering why this standoff seems so "friendly". Taking over a federal building in other situations might seem to bring down full tilt attack.
        Ruby Ridge and Branch Dividians among other's I imagine are on their mind and how those went wrong in a bad way.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

No one in the building, nothing spectacularly vital, no need to use brute force.

All told if I were the Feds in this and I had control of the right things then my response would be

1) cut power
          2) cut water
          3) prevent anyone from bringing food or water to them and just station some people with cameras.

After the nice militia men all go home to eat, send out feds to pick them up. Why the hell should I try and take a building by force when I can literally starve everyone into leaving?
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
            Ruby Ridge and Branch Dividians among other's I imagine are on their mind and how those went wrong in a bad way.
            Yup - I think the Feds have learned from experience.

Don't need a big dust-up, everything has been peaceful so far, there have not even been threats, and it is best not to create martyrs...

Wait them out. They will go home.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Yes,the wait till they get hungry,and then tell them drop the guns,and we have pizza for you guys. I was more in the wondering how this would go with another ethnic group. In the way back(70's) even with some groups that were mixed(weathermen,SDS) it went bad pretty fast. Have to admit those groups were blowing up things as well,not just taking over buildings.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Can't have any dead white people on our hands, now. Their lives actually matter.

Comment

I highly doubt that has anything to do with it. More likely the fact no one is rioting, blowing stuff up or robbing and looting things or burning public property. If the riots in the cities held to that they probably wouldn't have gone bad either with police enforcement's. Lots of racial protests and such have happened and no one gets killed it's only when they turn to riots and all the destruction that people get fed up I think.
                  I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

This may actually be an issue.
                    Sauce

The Latest: Tribe says armed activists 'desecrating' land

The leader of an Oregon Indian tribe whose ancestral property is being occupied by a small, armed group opposed to federal land policy says the activists aren't welcome and need to leave.

Burns Paiute Tribal Chair Charlotte Rodrique told reporters Wednesday that the tribe is concerned about damage to cultural artifacts. She says the group is "desecrating one of our sacred sites."

As in "Who's land is this?"

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yes,the wait till they get hungry,and then tell them drop the guns,and we have pizza for you guys. I was more in the wondering how this would go with another ethnic group. In the way back(70's) even with some groups that were mixed(weathermen,SDS) it went bad pretty fast. Have to admit those groups were blowing up things as well,not just taking over buildings.
                      From what I recall from the late 60s, Native Americans were occupying various places - one was Whitefish Point in Michigan's UP, and another was Mt. Rushmore. Aside from press coverage, they were basically left to peacefully protest.

The Weathermen, Symbionese Liberation Army, etc. were actively violent. When the Black Panthers showed up, armed, at Sacramento State Assembly Chamber, they were jailed, but not shot down.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Also there was Wounded Knee...That did not go as well....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Also there was Wounded Knee...That did not go as well....
                          That was another time, another world...

Comment

Not the one in the 1800's,the 1973 one.

Sauce

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Not the one in the 1800's,the 1973 one.

Sauce
                              Oh - I didn't know about that...

But, when I read the article, it states that the N.A.s took hostages.

That does kindda change things...

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                                No one in the building, nothing spectacularly vital, no need to use brute force.

All told if I were the Feds in this and I had control of the right things then my response would be

1) cut power
                                2) cut water
                                3) prevent anyone from bringing food or water to them and just station some people with cameras.

After the nice militia men all go home to eat, send out feds to pick them up. Why the hell should I try and take a building by force when I can literally starve everyone into leaving?
                                Seems like a good way to get them to leave without causing a situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X