Bowie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowie!

Has anyone else checked out Blackstar yet?

I got a copy on vinyl and I'm super excited. I know that vinyl is kind of unnecessary, but it's how I love to listen to the music that I really enjoy. I got a free digital copy with it though, so I'm listening to it now and loving it!

Also, any Bowie fans here in general?

Re: Bowie!

I love Bowie,but was not aware he was still putting things out.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I saw that David Bowie was trending on Twitter, and I flipped my potatoes, thinking he'd passed away. So glad he's fine and is indeed putting out a new album. I can't rightfully call myself a big fan, but I think his voice is amazing, and that he's sexy as hell.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Yeah, he went on a bit of a hiatus after Reality, but he released an album in 2013 (The Next Day, which I also just bought, but I've already heard). I still love his work. I'm less of a fan of some of the stuff he did after Let's Dance, but I think he really picked up the pace again in the 90s.

Apparently Bowie doesn't get people who buy music on vinyl, haha. In an interview a few years back, he claimed he downloads all his music on the Internet. Meh...I still love records.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
        I saw that David Bowie was trending on Twitter, and I flipped my potatoes, thinking he'd passed away. So glad he's fine and is indeed putting out a new album. I can't rightfully call myself a big fan, but I think his voice is amazing, and that he's sexy as hell.
        He's still really good live, too. Unfortunately, he's retired from touring, but it's definitely not because he can't cut it musically. I saw him in 2004 and it's still one of the best concerts I've been to.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
          Apparently Bowie doesn't get people who buy music on vinyl, haha. In an interview a few years back, he claimed he downloads all his music on the Internet. Meh...I still love records.
          I don't get them either, but I walk around with my ipod all the time, or wireless headphones connected to my computer, so what do I know?
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
            I don't get them either, but I walk around with my ipod all the time, or wireless headphones connected to my computer, so what do I know?
            I mostly listen to music when I work or when I read and drink coffee in the morning. I listen to most of my music streaming while I work, so I just play whatever I save on Amazon Music or Spotify. Coffee and reading is vinyl time, and it's sort of a ritual I guess. I latched onto records in my teens, so I guess it's something I'll always find comforting. Sometimes I also just sit there and listen to my records. I probably have more Bowie records than any other artist, though, because I got super obsessed with Bowie when I was 18.

Comment

Will, I be shot at for admitting that I only recognize the name for his role as the Goblin King in Labyrinth?
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                Will, I be shot at for admitting that I only recognize the name for his role as the Goblin King in Labyrinth?
                Yes, you uncultured Philistine.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'll check it out. I don't know much about his music, I know he went through different eras so just cause I like some songs doesn't mean I will like others. I never really had adv interest, but I've come to appreciate him through a few songs, Starman, Space Oddity and Life on Mars.
                  I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                  Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                  But that day you know I left my money
                  And I thought of you only
                  All that copper glowing fine

Comment

For me, he's always been around - I was never a huge fan but I like his music. In 1989, when I got the news that my grandfather had passed away, I played his song "Changes" over and over.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Without resorting to tedious "art rock" he made rock & roll into art.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        Without resorting to tedious "art rock" he made rock & roll into art.
                        This. And even though his recent albums aren't as famous, he's still doing a stellar job at making great rock/pop music that manages to echo recent trends and still sound original.

Comment

Working...
                        X