Thread: Seeking appliance recommendations...

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Seeking appliance recommendations...

Since I have less time but more space in my kitchen, and a little bit more income (rent is less, we don't need day care during the school year, we can carpool most days, etc), I'm looking to get two things--a rice cooker and a bread maker. I want both to have timers, so they can cook when I am at work, and it would be nice to have the settings where the rice cooker can make other steamed veggies, or even a whole meal, and the bread maker can also mix dough for pasta, make GF breads, etc.

Anyone have recommendations?
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: Seeking appliance recommendations...

I am not all that knowledgeable on these things,BUT glad to hear you have more room in the kitchen.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

My bread maker is a Sunbeam. I don't know if it does pasta (never thought of trying. Now I wonder...), but I've had it for about 12 years, works like a charm.

I just got one for my daughter for Christmas.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

Alright so I will come back with bread maker information. I have 2 that have great reviews, one is closer to $100 depending on where you look thats a pressure cooker, rice maker, slow cooker, and steamer all in one. Its the Instant Pot and rated the number 1 "rice cooker" of 2015. The second is the number 2 pick of 2015. This one is an 8 cup rice maker/steamer. It has a 15 hour delay on it and goes automatically to warm setting when after it finishes.

Number 1
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...N42DTGIZSAEWM6

Number 2
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...DVJZFT4FUPVQKL
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect