What Would You Like To See Discussed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would You Like To See Discussed?

Pretty much what it says on the tin: what pagany (or otherwise spiritual) topics would you like to see discussions for? Alternatively, what's something you've thought about posting on, but haven't for whatever reason? I thought this would be a good way to generate ideas for new threads and see what people are interested in learning.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: What Would You Like To See Discussed?

I would like to see a discussion of the importance of Reincarnation both personally and it's potential effects on the wider world. I have some fairly firm beliefs here but would be very interested in other people's opinions and beliefs

Comment

Great idea, Habbalah!

I'd like to know more about how Jung might have influenced spirituality. I'm
      Not sure how active I could be in the discussion because I'm already trying to balance setting up a new house, learning aspects of the feminine divine within Judaism and am currently redeveloping meditative processes.

I'd love to see the quality of input our members are capable of begin to shine. I have felt like many of our conversations have been frivolous. It's wonderful to have fun and discuss light-hearted topics, but I'm keen to see meaty pagan topics explored more often.
      Last edited by Azvanna; 13 Jan 2016, 22:12.

Comment

Great idea, Hobbs! What interests me is how to let go of anger through meditation or similar methods.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
          I'd love to see the quality of input our members are capable of begin to shine. I have felt like many of our conversations have been frivolous. It's wonderful to have fun and discuss light-hearted topics, but I'm keen to see meaty pagan topics explored more often.
          I agree. I'd like to see more spiritual-based topics as well.
          “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

What like?
            I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
            Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
            But that day you know I left my money
            And I thought of you only
            All that copper glowing fine

Comment

This has all of my agrees.
              “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Great idea! I'd also love to see more Pagan threads, especially those that focus on the subjective experience. There has been quite a lot of threads discussing the definition of thing X or Y on a quite philosophical, even scientific level (which I've enjoyed reading but due to my lack of experience and knowledge can't yet participate). And I'm curious about how people relate to deities, how they bring Paganism to their workplace, if their Paganism has some 'quirks' that are not so common, how their Paganism is influeced by media/culture, things like that. Everyday Paganism.
                baah.

Comment

Is all modern Paganism really neo-Paganism? Reconstructing v. romanticising an imagined past?
                  Imagination v. magical thinking and superstition.
                  Reincarnation.
                  Subjectivity v. objectivity - blurring the distinction between this world and "other worlds".

Generally - more challenging topics on Paganism, a bit of controversy isn't a bad thing. This might require a less heavy-handed approach to moderation though.
                  Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                  Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                  And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                  Genesis lyric

Comment

Originally posted by Spiny Norman View Post
                    Generally - more challenging topics on Paganism, a bit of controversy isn't a bad thing. This might require a less heavy-handed approach to moderation though.
                    Not really. If people can't discuss challenging topics in a civil manner then they need to go reread the PF rules. Staff are quite happy to see people discussing and debating challenging topics, and disagreeing with each other in civil and constructive ways. We do NOT like to see flame wars, personal insults and snide remarks. I'd hardly call that 'heavy handed'. But if you have an issue with the way that we moderate here, you're welcome to bring it up with either of the site owners (Juniper or Thalassa).

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                      But if you have an issue with the way that we moderate here, you're welcome to bring it up with either of the site owners (Juniper or Thalassa).
                      I don't want to make a big deal of it, but yes, I have found the moderation here a little heavy-handed, jumping in too soon on occasion which can have a suppressing effect on debate and lead to people walking on eggshells.
                      I've moderated myself on Buddhist forums and have observed from experience that a light touch with moderation is generally most conducive.
                      Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                      Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                      And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                      Genesis lyric

Comment

These ideas sound interesting. I am now waiting for people to start them...
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I would like to explore how each of us envisions their "Spirit,soul" and how that connects to extending to the universe and nature. Also how the spirit effects our connection to "Higher powers".
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Spiny Norman View Post
                            I don't want to make a big deal of it, but yes, I have found the moderation here a little heavy-handed, jumping in too soon on occasion which can have a suppressing effect on debate and lead to people walking on eggshells.
                            I've moderated myself on Buddhist forums and have observed from experience that a light touch with moderation is generally most conducive.
                            Feedback noted, thank you.

Comment

With debates,and even some normal discussions there have been a few that went south very quickly. Considering the nature of this forum,it might be expected that differing views/beliefs might spark heated reactions. Over all I think it helps to contain any heated reaction/anger before they go ballistic.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                              X