No announcement yet.

What Would You Like To See Discussed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Would You Like To See Discussed?

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    These ideas sound interesting. I am now waiting for people to start them...
    Me too the sacred text reading and discussion threads should be good value! Are there any common texts alchemists work from?

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      I would like to explore how each of us envisions their "Spirit,soul" and how that connects to extending to the universe and nature. Also how the spirit effects our connection to "Higher powers".
      Yes, that would be interesting. And is the belief in a soul or spirit compulsory for Pagans?...I just started a thread on it anyway.
      Once a man, like the sea I raged;
      Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
      And there is in fact more earth than sea.
      Genesis lyric

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
        Me too the sacred text reading and discussion threads should be good value! Are there any common texts alchemists work from?
        LOL - yes, but discussing them is problemmatic. It requires learning a new language that almost nobody speaks today (not Latin. The language of Alchemists).
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

These ideas sound interesting. I am now waiting for people to start them...
          Herein lies the problem, I think. People generally walt for others to start the topics and then no one does.
          “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

If you want to discuss something that isn't currently being discussed, why not start a thread yourself? I get the feeling Corbin's comment was a little tongue in cheek, but generally to people who feel the conversation on PF isn't high brow enough for them, or pagan-y enough, then be the change you want to see. Just a suggestion. No point waiting for someone else to cut your cake for you. You don't have to be a mod or have particularly high social ranking to start threads... Look at me!
            I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
            Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
            But that day you know I left my money
            And I thought of you only
            All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
              Herein lies the problem, I think. People generally walt for others to start the topics and then no one does.
              The one who has a thought or idea ought to start a thread. I, myself, can't think of what other people might want to talk about better than they can themselves, but once it is posted I may become interested.

Starting a thread is easy - I start plenty. People do not need to wait for someone else to do it for them, or bemoan the lack of people starting threads on things they are interested in. Hence my minor sarcasm.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Starting a thread is easy..
                Perhaps, but starting interesting threads is something of an art.
                Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                Genesis lyric

Comment

Originally posted by Näre View Post
                  I'd also love to see more Pagan threads, especially those that focus on the subjective experience. There has been quite a lot of threads discussing the definition of thing X or Y on a quite philosophical, even scientific level (which I've enjoyed reading but due to my lack of experience and knowledge can't yet participate).
                  But you could still launch a thread, asking the questions you'd like answered. Go on, do it!

I've been reading Wendi Wilkerson's Walking with the gods: interviews with a couple of dozen pagans, with commentary. I was fascinated to read of their experiences, like the woman raised in Santeria who got "adopted" by Loki. I was reading the interview with Tess Dawson on Monday, and she remarked on how Kocharu once fixed her refrigerator. Now I'd been planning to buy a new CD-player this week, the old one having died at Christmas, so I thought "Why didn't I think of asking Hephaistos if he could help?" Suddenly I had this overwhelming urge to try the CD-player: I literally ran across the room. And it's working again!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiny Norman View Post
                    Perhaps, but starting interesting threads is something of an art.
                    Yes - it begins with believing you can, then trying, perhaps failing, then trying again.

Sometimes I start a thread and nobody replies. Sometimes I start a thread and it get 80 replies. Believe in the force, Luke, or yourself, or just jump out on a limb and take a chance.

You will incure no fees...

Comment

And honestly, some of us have been here so long that we've sort of asked our Pagan-y questions out and had them answered a dozen times over...

I'm mostly here for the fluff discussions now.
                      “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                      ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                      ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

So,you are saying something like you are now a fluff bunny?????.....I see nothing....Nothing!!!!!!!!!
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I think this forum pretty much covers all topics of the subject. I really don't think there's anything to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                            I think this forum pretty much covers all topics of the subject. I really don't think there's anything to discuss.
                            There's always something to discuss, and new things being learned.
                            “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                            X