Morning. Routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Morning. Routine

I do not wake up in the morning. Well the first time I wake up it's about 5am to pee pee. Then I'm back asleep till about noon. But then again I stay up till about 3am ish. So I guess noon is my morning?

Pee.
    Ingest my 12 pills for the morning. Take 30 minutes to do my face. Most of that being my eyebrows. Eat leftover stuff that's near me. And find a Diet Dr Pepper.

Pretty much I'm a teenager that does legal drugs.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Wake up (usually before the alarm goes off)
      Toilet
      Shower
      *Brush hair & teeth
      *Take meds
      *Deodorant
      Get dressed
      Feed animals (and let dog out for potty)
      Pack lunch, if I remember
      Smooch the hubby
      Drive to work

*order varies depending on mood...
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I don't have a set morning, but I keep a fairly strict routine. Morning is often my 'pre-bed wind-down' time if I'm coming off a night shift. In fact, true mornings, that is, those days where I slept through the night and am waking up with the sun, are my equivalent of weekends, so my routine is the least strict of any other day (although I do still have a routine). I'm on annual leave right now so enjoying long lazy mornings (like this one), where I wake up, do anki, get up, skip my meditation (but I'm doing something different later in the day), write in my journal and then post post post on Pagan Forum! I've been busy too though: helping my mum decorate some days, and yesterday I was very productive tidying the cupboard under the stairs and organising all the drawers in the flat!

So I'm going to describe an evening on a work night, where I've slept through the day (the only difference being that I'd wake up earlier on my first day back, because I stay up a little later the night before and sleep right through the following day to reset my body clock). It's not massively different to the routine I described in the Daily Routines thread, although it has changed a little.

5:30pm: I generally wake up naturally around this time, but if I don't, I have an alarm set for 6pm, in which case I shave 30 minutes of my study time later.
        5:30-6: I lie in bed and do my anki flashcards on my mobile phone. The blue light on my LED screen also helps to wake me up. If I finish anki before 6, I check forums until my alarm goes off at 6. I usually have a few reviews left though, which I finish off when I get to work.
        6pm: I get up and sit on the floor (with my duvet around me if it's cold). I have a pre-recorded 10-minute guided meditation that I made myself that I like to do every day.
        6:15: I open the bedroom windows to air the room and then go through to the kitchen, have a glass of water and feed Dolly. JP usually comes home around this time.
        6:15-6:30: Usually shower, sometimes a bath. Brush teeth.
        6:30-6:40: Put the kettle on on my way through the kitchen (our kitchen joins the living room and bathroom), close the bedroom curtains and get dressed for work. I wear a skirt in the flat though, and change into my work jeans before I leave. I'll dry or plait my hair at this point too.

* If it's a dinner night (I don't cook for us every night), I'll start it before my shower and finish up after getting dressed. We'd then sit down to eat together at around 7pm, in which case I'll shave any lost time off my study session.

6:40-7: If it's not a dinner night, I'll make a pot of tea and put it on my desk (I keep it warm by sitting it on an oil burner). JP and I will then workout together for 20 minutes. Then JP makes himself some dinner and I make a light breakfast.
        7-9: I check my study schedule then sit down at my desk (or a table on the floor if I don't need my PC). If I need to eat breakfast, I'll do so while reading a news article in Japanese on NHK News. If I've already eaten, I start my session by making a video journal to practice speaking. Then I start my planned session. I have my light box on while doing this, and I use an alarm clock to make sure I don't study more than 40 minutes without a break (which is the lower estimate of how long your brain can keep learning new material before it starts forgetting what you learnt earlier in the session, but also conveniently how long they recommend you sit by a light box).

If I finish early, I spend the rest of the time on forums, or chatting with friends on Skype or Line.

* If it's a Monday night, I get into my work jeans, make my packed lunch and pack my bag for work between 7 and 8. JP and I then walk to the pool together for the adult only swim at 8:30. On work nights I get out of the pool before JP so I'm dressed, hair dried and make up done by 9:20. JP joins me at the mirrors and then he walks me to work because it's a long dark (although busy) road between the pool and my work.

9pm: I change into my work jeans, make my packed lunch, pack my bag (my job includes long periods of sitting around with nothing to do, so I always take some kind of book or activity to do) and do my makeup. If it's my turn to do the dishes, I'll do them now too.
        9:40: I leave for work. It's not far so I walk. I always call my mum on my way to work to make sure she's okay, even after swimming when JP walks me to work!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'm hardly productive. I get up, eat breakfast, take my meds, get on the computer for a few, then lay back down.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            I just thought it was funny because these women were like "after a glass of warm lemon water, I check email and return phone calls and then workout from 10-noon"
            Obviously the 21st century equivalent of "ladies who lunch". I think I prefer the old school!

I'm not a morning person, and it was with profound relief that I gave up work at 47. I wake at 7, head for the loo, and then return to bed and radio until I feel energetic enough to go back to the bathroom. Breakfast sometime before 9, and my morning walk / shopping expedition around 10. Anything that requires intelligence occurs between 4 pm and 1 am.

Comment

Mine changes, lately I have been focusing on joint mobility exercises (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ2H...drz0JIKGLJj3is) on my early mornings to wake me up and a kundalini meditaition to awaken my mind and ease stress. On my days off and evening shifts I perform a longer routine of joint mobility exercises with warm ups and a basic fitness (a few calisthenics) or an advanced fitness routine (sandbag [backback filled with hard cover books and two medium beer jugs filled with water), harder calisthenics, or weightlifting) depending on how my body is feeling first thing. Every (other) Saturday I practice Bagua.

The nice thing about the joint mobility exercises I do is they each can start in your bed and you can just roll out to perform the rest of the set(s).

My other routine consists of an every other day routine of medical qigong and martial qigong.

What I find the most rewarding are my rest days where I just wake up and do whatever I want to (my music feels so much better these days for some reason), but I only have these days sparingly, usually if I am hung over (not good for music!), but even then I might wake up with maximum repetition push ups, dips, pull ups (Around the World) and squats to push my mind out of laziness and eat healthy to clear my system of the lasts night debauchery.

Oh, and use the restroom, the most important.
              Last edited by THANK...; 18 Jan 2016, 01:59.

Comment

My current routine (on maternity leave):

Wake up at 700am, get the kiddos up and make them breakfast while they get dressed. At 8am we leave for school. Then I come back and, if the newborn allows it, I manage to eat cereal and possibly do a load of dishes. The rest of the day is spent doing odd jobs during the baby naps.

However, 3 days a week I go to the chiropractor after I drop off the kids at school, and then home. I am really not productive right now, sadly.
                ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I'm going to give morning meditation another try. Starting from today.

(Even though I kind of enjoyed my life as a meditation skeptic.)
                  baah.

Comment

My days are kinda like this
                    * means sometimes

8:00 am Wake up to alarm , groan, turn it off, go back to sleep
                    *8-9 am Beagle jumps on bed, licks my face till I wake up an kick her off. Groan. Get up and get clothes out for day. If day three, shower , brush teeth while conditioner is in hair, finish shower, shave, get dressed. Otherwise wash in sink, brush teeth, get dressed. eat Bfast, take meds, make sure Vanli has taken meds. Mon/tue/wed/fri Go to work sometime after 9 (Flex hours) ring Vanli at least once on mon/fri (more hours) before noon to check she hasn't had a seizure. Thursday. Get started on research or writing for book by 9:30. Sat/Sun Ring john to see if he want's bacon and eggs bfast. if not see thursday. if so walk dogs to his house walk back with him - Talk about book - what he thinks of latest chapter (If done) bounce ideas off him (He's got a thick skin) then wander through events of the week (John is a friend of mine - he's agnostic his wife is a devout but liberal muslim - no pork allowed in thier house EVER - she even insists on bringing her own frying pan if she cooks at our house)
                    9:00am get up swear at self for sleeping in again Rush through above and get to work as soon as possible (or research, or ring john to see if he still wants bacon and eggs bfast)
                    1030am mon/friday Work. Otherwise research, writing until I have written at least 10 possible plot point/ expansions on concepts/Clarifications/ .... / ... / .. / or 1200 words for novel. At noon drop everything (unless still at work or writing is going well) Review book so far.
                    While doing all this checking on Vanli every half hour to make sure she's fine and to bounce possible ideas/plot points ... (you get the idea)

I still find getting up at 8 am hard, no matter when I get to bed (Anywhere from 10pm to 3-4 am) I have insomnia because I spent several years working as bar security and night security - 5-6 days a week the earliest I'd get to bed was 3 am many 'nights' it was 6 am - My longest stretch was 288 days straight work working an average of 12 hours a day - NEVER doing that again!!!!! (6 jobs at the time and I was afraid to say 'no', was saving for a house deposit.):=I:

I'm now a full time carer for Vanli and I take it seriously.
                    Last edited by Marradin; 25 Jan 2016, 05:25.

Comment

Working...
                    X