Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morning. Routine

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Morning. Routine

Read an article about the "productive morning routine of successful women" or some such...and was incredibly underwhelmed by what the writer considered 'productive'.

What does your morning routine look like?
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

May 2015
    Religion
    Norse paganism with Celtic and Tupi-Guarani influences

Re: Morning. Routine

I don't think my morning routine would be considered productive by anyone. I wake up early to do everything so I'll have the rest of the day free, but I end up taking a shower, drinking coffee and listening to music. Sometimes I meditate, though.

(By the way, I wouldn't expect much from an article with such title)

lady sings the blues DanieMarie's Avatar
    Oct 2009
    Religion
    Solitary Pagan

I hate being productive in the morning. It's my "me" time. I read, listen to records, and drink my coffee and do absolutely nothing else.

I despise the modern desire to be productive all the time. I think it's important to be unproductive sometimes.

May 2012
    Religion
    Heathen

Shower, get dressed, let dog out, feed dog and chicks, get boys breakfast ready, get boy up and dressed, eat something, boy on bus and to work. If no school some of those change to get husband and get him ready to watch boy.

Oct 2015
    Religion
    Agnostic

I'm fast, maybe not so productive. As a total night owl who is stuck in an early morning job, I don't like to mess around with potential sleep time. I have to be at work at 6a ... with an occasional reprieve to 6:30a.

I wake up, let the dogs out for potty, get dressed, grab my bag, then load the dogs into the car before we take off. I bathe in the evenings so that's already done.

So then I get to work and kennel my guys for a little while I take care of the boarders, then I put then into the daycare room, and in the last few minutes before we open at 7a, I do my basic grooming here at work (just brush my teeth and hair).

I've been a girly girl on hair and make up most of my life, but this job has killed that for me. It's just a waste of product ... the dogs simply don't care.

If I get an office job again at any point, I will probably switch back to a longer morning routine with straightening iron and mascara.

Jun 2015
    Religion
    Seeking a shamanic ancestor veneration path.

Most mornings: Up at 6:30, breakfast, remember my meds (sometimes), make lunch, shower and take wife to work. On weekends, I'm either up our at least awake by 8. I'm an early bird so that's when I work best. In fact, if my morning is off to a bad start, then that effects my ability to work well the rest of the day.
    I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
    Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
    But that day you know I left my money
    And I thought of you only
    All that copper glowing fine

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Old and retired...lay in bed until I feel the urge to eat,or hit the bathroom...crawl back in bed and watch news or play a video game,or go online...Nap time when I feel the need..
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

What it was for decades: Up around 5:30, feed pet(s), coffee while listening to traffic report to know which way to go to work, shower, dress & out the door by 6:45 to drive less than 20 miles and be there by 8.
    How it is now: Much slower, thankfully! No more traffic reports or getting out the door.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Make coffee, feed critters, accomplish the three S's, brush remaining teeth and remaining hair, pull on me pantaloons, let dog "A" out, take dog "B" out, drink coffee previously made, notice I'm late and race out the door.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

I know what the 3 S's are,but some might not have ever heard that term...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was