Incenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incenses

So, what is your favourite incense flavour/scent and why? Do you use it frequently or just in special ocasions?

I particularly love lavender, but I also like lotus and amber. I find all of them pretty relaxing and refreshing. However, I don't use incenses so frequently because I can't stand strong smells for too long.

Re: Incenses

I don't use much incense because of my asthma and allergies. Burning things is usually a trigger for needing an inhaler, with a few exceptions. Instead, I make a simmer pot (fresh or dried herbs and essential oils simmering on the stove in water or in an electric pot), which tends to be less strong in aroma, but lasts longer than a stick or cone of incense.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I'm constantly burning incense in my studio room to help with the smell of cooking sculpy, oil paint, and a few other things. I've got a large stack of whatever I feel like putting on. However the list mostly includes: nag champa, dragons blood, frankincense, myrrh, sandalwood, and vanilla. I have a mix of a few others I've picked up from random stores (like the buy X for $Y of however many different types) but I don't particularly have a favorite among those
      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
      sigpic

Comment

Nag Champa has always been my favorite. Occasionally I add a little something to the mix but I always have nag on hand. I also enjoy burning a sage wand on occasion. I have a large collection of oils but they aren't something I really burn. I tend to put those in my bath water or other healing applications.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I can't burn incense anymore because it gives me terrible headaches, but Dragon's Blood and Vampire are my favorite scents. I heard the latter is also a perfume scent. If it's oil based instead of alcohol, I'll buy some for my oil burner.
          “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

It makes me sneeze!
            Once a man, like the sea I raged;
            Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
            And there is in fact more earth than sea.
            Genesis lyric

Comment

I absolutely want to love incense. I absolutely hate breathing in any scented air.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

When I first got involved in Buddhism 35 years ago incense was used regularly in shrine rooms and such, these days it's much less common because people have complained about it.
                Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                Genesis lyric

Comment

I love incense. My favorite scent is "Super Hit" by Satya. I only burn it on special occasions though

I also pretty fond of Nag Champa. I recently bought some incense cones called "Black Opium" and it smells pretty awesome
                  "Well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer,
                  The future's uncertain and the end is always near"

Comment

Thalassa's simmer pot may be an alternative for those who can't stand strong scents. I may try it, too.

Originally posted by Spiny Norman View Post
                    When I first got involved in Buddhism 35 years ago incense was used regularly in shrine rooms and such, these days it's much less common because people have complained about it.
                    Do you live in an urban area? I guess this is more common when people are subjected to pollution and stuff.

Comment

My dorm room at university had a nearly constant layer of brown-grey smoke hanging at the ceiling. I bought Nag Champa once a month. I don't want to buy incense over the internet, preferring to support small businesses, but the local 'hippy market stall' is very unreliable, it often isn't even there, despite their saying so, so I may have to resort to online. I want to try dragon's blood, I used sandalwood a lot at university too, I like that one, and frankincense during the winter. I have a bunch of Greek incense samples that are in resin form that I sit on a coal, some are nice, others are not so I binned them. I used to sage the windows and doors of my flat before moving back in work my parents.

So yeah, I like incense, it is a key part of my spirituality.
                      I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                      Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                      But that day you know I left my money
                      And I thought of you only
                      All that copper glowing fine

Comment

I do like incense,BUT I have been in certain Churches where it is used,and could not remain inside because of the VERY heavy presence of incense.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                        X