Alan Rickman dies at 69

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan Rickman dies at 69

I don't know if everyone has heard. I heard this morning on the news with Robin. Poor Alan Rickman died of cancer (don't know what type) at 69. Here's the link: http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news...3z9?li=BBnbfcL. My favorite movies were the Harry Potter movies. He played an excellent Severus Snape. He will be missed.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: Alan Rickman dies at 69

I am completely devastated. I love Alan Rickman. I loved him as the Sheriff of Nottingham, I loved him as Hans Gruber, he was my beloved depressed robot Marvin. I can't say who I loved him more as Professor Snape or Colonel Brandon. He was a fantastic actor and a great man. I will miss him indeed.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      I am completely devastated. I love Alan Rickman. I loved him as the Sheriff of Nottingham, I loved him as Hans Gruber, he was my beloved depressed robot Marvin. I can't say who I loved him more as Professor Snape or Colonel Brandon. He was a fantastic actor and a great man. I will miss him indeed.
      Oh, pisser! I was just enjoying him in Galaxy Quest.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I always thought that his turn as Colonel Brandon was a seriously underrated film performance.

Comment

With Rickman, Bowie, Pratchett and Ian Richardson all gone I feel Like most of my happiest childhood Memories are gone - The displays of thier respective arts always inspired me in ways I find it hard to describe or explain - And the responsibility with which all of them used their fame was a role model ANYONE could be proud to follow!

Comment

Wow so many celebrities died. It's a sad week for Hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Oh, pisser! I was just enjoying him in Galaxy Quest.
              I loved Galaxy Quest too!
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

We watched Dogma last night in his memory, after watching The Prestige in memory of Bowie.
                I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                But that day you know I left my money
                And I thought of you only
                All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Yeah I heard of it. Too bad he died before time.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                    Yeah I heard of it. Too bad he died before time.
                    Its not to say it was before his time. He was 69, its not like he was young, and just starting his career. He had an AHmazing career, he was a fantastic actor, and a good man. I wouldn't say he was cheated out of life. That he is gone too soon just that it is upsetting and sad that he is gone.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

This is heartbreaking. Alan Rickman was one of my favorite actors. Rest in Peace
                      -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

JP and I watched Galaxy Quest in his honour last night. One of my favourite movies ever!
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                        X