Magical Oils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magical Oils

I've just started incorporating oil spells into my path, and I've had luck with what little I've done. I made some Black Cat Oil last month, and I'm letting it "cure" for a bit before I try it out. I've bought a few oils for specific entities, but I plan to start making my own. A lot of the Hoodoo oils you see in pagan stories, such as Follow Me Boy and Van Van, you can find recipes for online.

Have you used oils in your magical or spiritual practice? What was your experience with them?
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Magical Oils

I have used oils in my spell work and rituals on and off for the last 13 years. I like essential oils and have a large variety of them. I do have one or two "premixed" ones for dreaming that I have also used. I think scent is a very important tool, and I like how the different scents can trigger a frame of mind, or bring out an emotion. These emotions and scene of mind can be brought back any time and place by those dedicated oils. Overall I am a fan. I don't feel I need them all the time but I do like them.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      I have used oils in my spell work and rituals on and off for the last 13 years. I like essential oils and have a large variety of them. I do have one or two "premixed" ones for dreaming that I have also used. I think scent is a very important tool, and I like how the different scents can trigger a frame of mind, or bring out an emotion. These emotions and scene of mind can be brought back any time and place by those dedicated oils. Overall I am a fan. I don't feel I need them all the time but I do like them.
      Where do you put the oil on yourself, if you do? I've found that anointing my forehead works best for me.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Forehead is one I like and then I also like my third eye but it depends on what kind of spell/ritual I am doing. I might put it somewhere else depending on the need.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I never did magical oils before. How does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
            I never did magical oils before. How does that work?
            There are a lot of different kinds of oils for different purposes, but it works much like a spell with herbs would. The oil is infused with magical properties, or a specific purpose, or (usually) both. I put the oil on me so that the properties of it can enter into me, and help me with whatever the oil is for. An example is that I have an oil blend that is for Apollo. I anoint myself with it so that He can be all the more with me when I'm working on creative tasks (usually writing).

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I use essential oils a LOT in magick, and homemade blends of essential oils... but I've not used homemade infused oils before.

I started using them because I couldn't burn incense, and because I also use them for aromatherapy. From there it just turned into something that I automatically jump to as one of my first correspondences. I don't use much in the way of dried herbs either, and the essential oils sort of cover both things... incense and plants.

Comment

I use infused oils and salves that often have a magical component, but they are not magical oils. More like....cooking a meal with intention.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X