This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you know it's for you?

It feels right. I don't feel like I have to worship a particular deity. I feel like I am at home with the particular path I am on and that the deities that I worship are like a mother and father to me instead of a far away deity like the previous religion I was with.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Seeing all the little (and big) changes in nature around me daily, weekly and monthly, the moon phases and seasonal cycles. It's those constant changes and how what's out there mirrors what's inside me that lets me know I'm on the right path for me.

Comment

I'd have to say the base reason is that it fulfills all my needs and motivations for my life. Motivations both from an aspect of encouraging and motivating me to do things as well as giving me a sense of reward or fulfillment towards things I pursue. it evolves as my needs, desires and expectations evolve to move it from what I suppose could be simple fantasy to a complex structure with boundaries, procedures and expectations of both reward and failure.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

It makes sense to me without requiring me to invent theological or cosmological nonsense which rests on assumptions. It gives me a framework to understand and, so far, has not been a barrier to understanding the natural world. It compliments it without mental gymnastics.

That's the one thing my path gives me, I'd say, because it gives me peace of mind and allows me to challenge myself intellectually.
          I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
          Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
          But that day you know I left my money
          And I thought of you only
          All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Because it's helping to better me as a person.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

That my health has been steadily improving. I genuinely feel like my depression and anxiety are having less and less of a hold on me. This is a huge deal to me because my illness pretty much destroyed my life; I had lost everything, I dropped out of school, I was too sick to work, my agoraphobia was so severe I couldn't even leave my apartment, because of my depression all of my hobbies and interests felt meaningless to me. It was a miserable existence.
              Now, I am recovering. And I can really feel it. I can enjoy things again, I can go outside now and each month that has gone by panic attacks get rarer.

Comment

There is always more, and more, and more to learn! I like it

Comment

There is nobody to tell me I'm doing it wrong and "corrupting the faith".

Many a truth said in jest, genuinely this fact is relieving.

Largely, it's allowed me to express and explore what I have long believed. It has also caused me to be a lot more humble in my belief. I used to be preachy, now I avoid talking about my faith in person, because it's all "new". There is no baggage of orthodoxy and sectarianism and previous doctrines. Sure, there are some things I think are ridiculous, and I used to think were ridiculous before I even set off on this path and haven't changed, but I've never been more willing to say "If you want to believe that, that's fine, let's not argue over it.", whilst also not slipping in anything passive aggressive like "I can't understand why you would believe that, but I guess if you want...".
                  I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                  Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                  But that day you know I left my money
                  And I thought of you only
                  All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Because I feel comfortable and relaxed. I'm learning and exploring without anxiety, my depression has lessened to a point and for a longer time frame than it ever has before, I'm able to relax and hear my intuition for the first time in forever, I am slowly becoming more productive and happier overall, and lessening the self hate.
                    ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                      śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Originally posted by noface0711 View Post
                        There is always more, and more, and more to learn! I like it
                        Hi noface0711... can I ask you to please remove the formatting and colouring from your post before posting it? We ask that members use the default colour for their text, simply because it can be difficult for people to read if they are using a different coloured background (some are light and some are dark coloured), and also because coloured font is used by staff to denote official messages and requests (such as this one).

If you usually cut and paste your posts from a word processing program, you may not realise that this creates difficulties for other members. Luckily it's easy enough to fix... when you make a post, there's a little icon in the top left hand corner of the posting box that is says 'Remove Formatting'. If you click that it will automatically remove all colours and crazy spacing and leave you with default text. Let me know if you have trouble finding this and I can post up some screenshots for you.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X