This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

African-Americans Are Boycotting The Oscars

I just heard that so many African-Americans are boycotting the Oscars because of racism.

Re: African-Americans Are Boycotting The Oscars

There is always some bs classified as racism. African American, here. Everything seems to be racism within my community. It's ridiculous.
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I dunno...

Maybe yes, maybe no. I don't see enough movies that aren't outright trash to know.

Maybe we need quotas?
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I mean really...there are about 10 different award things for movies,right?
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Can't Morgan Freeman get an award, just for sounding like God having a good day, and having a cool earring?
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Morgan should get something for being so very cool at least.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It's kind of sad and disappointing that the Oscars lack diversity again this year. I'm undecided if I want to watch it again this year.

Comment

You know I keep hearing its racist yet i've yet to hear why the movies that where chosen don't warrant them and why certain "Black" movies should be included. I want an Oscar to go to the actors in the movie PIXELS it's a piss poor movie but I enjoyed it so they warrant it even if no one else liked it. Isn't that about the same meter used for saying some of the black movies should be placed there?

Besides the Oscar's is a really dump place to boycott, if the public wants their displeasure shown do it at the theater's. That hits in the pocketbook and might just influence the quality of movies being produced, the subjects being selected and the caliber of actors being used. Or we could claim Will Smith's son deserves an Oscar for his role in that piece of crap movie he stared in with his dad. You know the one no one can recall the name of for the most part because hardly no one saw it.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I don't know. It seems everything is about racism lately.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Racism always makes the news because you can interpret anything that goes wrong (and something always goes wrong) as racism, and conflict sells papers...

Comment

I don't think boycotting the Oscars won't make any difference in my opinion. It's just another temper tantrum just to change the world.

Comment

It's not so much the Oscars but the culture of Hollywood and the opportunities provided to minority actors compared to white actors.

Comment

Ok I made my decision that I'm going to watch the Oscars instead of joining the boycott because I need to know who's going to win for Best Animated Flim and Best Picture.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            Racism always makes the news because you can interpret anything that goes wrong (and something always goes wrong) as racism, and conflict sells papers...
                            Racism and Prejudice sells lots of papers and gets applied to nearly everything and anything to the point where they have no definition anymore I don't think.
                            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

It would be good to add diversity at the Oscars every now and then.

Comment

Working...
                              X