Thread: My First "Official" Reading

Oct 2015
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan

My First "Official" Reading

I've been studying and studying Tarot and Runes for the greater part of a year. Done numerous practice readings, countless daily draws, all of which were primarily for myself and just to get the cards' & staves' meanings embedded as much as I could.

Yesterday I did a full reading for the first time for someone else. Of all people it was my Christian wife! She recently got a new job opportunity and was torn on whether to take it, so she asked me to do a reading to help her decide. I was honored.

I prayed to Freyja and explained the context of the question. Used a Celtic Cross spread. From what either of us could tell, the cards were spot-on. My wife was impressed and came away with a better perspective of things she will need to consider. The outcome of the reading is that it's time for her to make a transition, regardless of those who may inadvertently seek to hold her back. If she stays in her current position there will be chaos and she will have difficulty finding balance with the personalities she works with.

I checked my accuracy with my pendulum - spoke to the guide the Lady assigned to help me learn this stuff. Everything was good.

I feel accomplished.

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Ecletic pagan.
    Phrase
    This too shall pass.

Re: My First "Official" Reading

That's always an amazing feeling. *high five*
    “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Cool. That's great. I'm surprise that your Christian wife asked you for a reading?

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

That's great! I'm still beginner. I only do personal readings. Congrats!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Serenity Hutchinson (Online Resume)

Oct 2015
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan

I'm still very much a beginner myself...but I imagine I'll always consider myself as such.

I was also surprised she asked me to do it. Many times, when I would be using my pendulum, she would ask something tongue-in-cheek just to humor me, which is what I figured this would be. But once I explained how the spread works, what the positions mean, and started interpreting the cards, she listened intently and actually made some connections of her own based on information she was privy to that I wasn't. Afterwards, she said she enjoyed the experience. I enjoyed it as well.

Now my daughter wants a reading. That'll be an interesting one...she's in love with "the one."

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

That's great. After a while you'll be comfortable doing everyone a reading. Not just your friends and family but strangers too. I did so many tarot reading for strangers a long time ago and it feel good.