Space Aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space Aliens

Since we have all the technology and NASA on our side, do you think that some day that we will discover space aliens from another planet?

Re: Space Aliens

There are so many planets out there and our technology is constantly increasing. I think it is impossible that we will not find some sign of intelligence out there.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

If they haven't already and it is just not publicized.

Comment

Some people still think the Earth is flat. It's not happening any century soon.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yes,aliens are just a myth...no such thing(Adjusts antenna on head,and tapes it down)...nothing to see here,move it along there!!!!
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

If we ever come across extraterrestrial life, I seriously doubt that it will be like *us*. Look at Earth, there are millions of species on this planet, yet humans are the only ones capable of abstract thinking and intelligence. So even on a planet that's abundant with life, intelligence is rare
            "Well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer,
            The future's uncertain and the end is always near"

Comment

IMHO - human-like intelligence is an effective adaptation. The likelyhood is that effective adaptations will arise repeatedly, assuming there are enough opportunities (i.e.: assuming life occures often enough).

Whether we will ever meet them, though, face-to-face, is another question...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Stardust View Post
                ...intelligence is rare
                You can say that again! :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

I think the sheer numbers of planets, stars and galaxies are in favor of at least microbial life existing. I'd say even intelligent life has arisen somewhere at sometime. 200-400 billion stars in the Milky way alone, the same number of stars in another 200-400 billion galaxies in the observable universe. I like the line from Jupiter Ascending (but hey, Channing Tatum could recite Mary Had A Little Lamb and I'd swoon :=P:

Caine Wise to Jupiter Jones: Compared to what? The idea that you're the only intelligent species, on the only inhabitable planet, in a universe so full of planets that you don't even have a number to describe how many there are.

He's got a point.
                śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Working...
                X