Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ceiling caved in

image.jpg

Lotsa rain my way tonight. My ceiling started to bow and water began trickling in through the light fixture and ceiling. We got out storage tubs to hold the water because it was like it was raining inside. About an hour later, the ceiling caved. We've got insurance so now we are just waiting on a builder to arrive in the morning and assess. Thankfully we had our house re-wired last weekend so we're able to cut the power to lights only.

Re: My ceiling caved in

The water comes from outside. I think the best way of avoiding the water getting inside is to change the material the roof of the house is made from. Or to put something water proof above, so the water will slide down to the ground.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I had that happen in an apartment,freaking owner hired fly by night roofers,and they did not cover the roof when it began to rain. I got reduced rent for over a year,and they repaired the ceiling. I hate landlords that go cheap for repairs..he had a handy man that was a speed freak. He took the heater apart,and when he came down from his speed trip,he could not remember how to put it back together.

That owner also hired this guy to do construction,paid him up front,and money for materials. The guy bailed with the money...stupid Landlord.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Ooh, that looks awful. We have water coming in through a leaking window frame (or three ). Can't repair anything in this weather. It's chucking it down at the moment!
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
          Can't repair anything in this weather. It's chucking it down at the moment!
          Same at our house! It's so hot and then it rains and then it gets really humid and then rains again. This would be the Australian Druid's Wet Season in the Wheel of the Year.

We had a carpenter come and weather proof the ceiling and my father-in-law made our light fixture safe so we can use it. Now we're just waiting for the insurance assessor to take a look. The insurance company said funds might take awhile to come through for repairs because they have to do a thorough investigation as the policy is so new. I'm glad it was just the sunroom and not the lounge or one of the bedrooms!

Comment

Working...
          X