What Goddess is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Goddess is this?

So along my path of finding out what Goddess has been following around, I was able to communicate with one. She appears as a young woman, shorter than me (I'm about 6 feet tall for the record), and has given me mixed messages. I kind of hinted at it in one post before in the what are you thinking about topic, but after having a second conversation with her, I feel I have a better understanding.

Mind you, I've forgotten most of the conversations content (keep forgetting to write them down) but she seemed very... amused with me? She smiles a lot and chuckles, wears brown in an old fashioned outfit (I think she was wearing pants or hunting clothes the first time), has red or light brown hair. One time she told me she was Persephone, and to offer her persimmons, which I later looked up online and found that is accurate, but at the same time she told me she was a goddess of love, but kind of in a... sarcastic tone, putting her hand on my shoulder like she was talking to a child. She came to me in a forest.

The second was actually in a throne room surrounded by clouds, though later in my communicating with her it almost seemed to turn into a marble sort of interior, maybe wearing a similar hunting outfit, but possibly a skirt. She talked to me again kind of amused and chuckling a lot, asked me to follow her and I accepted. She seemed eager to talk a lot though. This time she told me she was Macha, only she pronounced it incorrectly as the "ch" instead of a gutteral "k." When I asked her about it, she said something about "that's just how you heard it," but was smiling when she said that. Seeing as she kind of gave me... mixed info last time, I'm not entirely sure if she was telling the truth. When she was done and wanted me to try and deal with my recent anxieties, she kind of shooed me off in a jovial way, not angry, but just like, seemed like she was done and waiting until next time.

When I asked a powerful spiritual friend of mine, she said she was a very "large" Goddess, and was blocking her from completely reaching to me, she seemed amused with me, like I was a little chick and the Goddess was the hen, and she felt her colors were orange, brown and red (which sounded right.) She couldn't make a guess because she didn't know much about Goddesses.

Does anyone have any Goddess come to mind when they read this, or can help me figure out who this is? Thanks.

Re: What Goddess is this?

Arianrhod of the Silver Wheel maybe?
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

A google search brings up some interesting pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking earth mother goddess.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

She sounds kind of like a Trickster to me? Maybe She's one of these Goddesses?
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
          This time she told me she was Macha, only she pronounced it incorrectly as the "ch" instead of a gutteral "k." When I asked her about it, she said something about "that's just how you heard it," but was smiling when she said that.
          This is truly interesting. I'm not an expert in Gaeilge, but... Researching a little, Macha probably comes from Proto-Celtic "makajā". The letter J isn't present in native Irish words. However, you can find it in some loanwords being pronounced like in English. Perhaps she told you she was called Makajā instead of Macha and you misheard it? "ch" and "j" have similar sounds. I'm not sure about it, but who knows. Maybe someone with a better Gaeilge can help us here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
            Arianrhod of the Silver Wheel maybe?
            Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            A google search brings up some interesting pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking earth mother goddess.
            It's hard to find a lot of info on Arianrhod, so I'm not exactly positive. The picture does somewhat look like her. As for Earth Mother Goddess, it's entirely possible.

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
            She sounds kind of like a Trickster to me? Maybe She's one of these Goddesses?
            I'm not sure if any of those really seem right to me, but I'll look more into them, thanks.

Originally posted by Eofor View Post
            This is truly interesting. I'm not an expert in Gaeilge, but... Researching a little, Macha probably comes from Proto-Celtic "makajā". The letter J isn't present in native Irish words. However, you can find it in some loanwords being pronounced like in English. Perhaps she told you she was called Makajā instead of Macha and you misheard it? "ch" and "j" have similar sounds. I'm not sure about it, but who knows. Maybe someone with a better Gaeilge can help us here.
            It's entirely possible, yes, and Macha was only what I understood through my brain, perhaps.

I tried again tonight to contact her, and it was rather difficult this time. After trying I think I got through to her, and she said she would like berries as an offering, after I asked her. This time she appeared more like a child, like 12 years old or so. I was mostly listening and couldn't get a good view of her, though she seemed to have red hair again. Part of the time I think it may have been in my head, but at least some of the time I have a feeling it wasn't. She doesn't seem to want to reveal herself right away to me though, even though she keeps acting in a somewhat playful manner.

Part of the reason I wonder if it's just in my head is because the conversations seem rather simple, and she doesn't seem to tell me too much. Can anyone relate to this when they first started practicing?

Comment

Just an aside though but I have heard of people who work with Persephone talking about how she changes with the seasons. A few times almost making it sound like she is sort of like a father time figure in that she is childlike in the early part of the year, maiden like in the spring then more motherly looking as fall approaches then womanlike as she descends back into the underworld. Something that might match up with her older connection to being a fertility type goddess who became reconfigured to make her a daughter of Demeter.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                Just an aside though but I have heard of people who work with Persephone talking about how she changes with the seasons. A few times almost making it sound like she is sort of like a father time figure in that she is childlike in the early part of the year, maiden like in the spring then more motherly looking as fall approaches then womanlike as she descends back into the underworld. Something that might match up with her older connection to being a fertility type goddess who became reconfigured to make her a daughter of Demeter.
                That's actually really good information to know, if the first time she was being serious, so thanks for letting me know. I prayed for protection the other night, and this time, unlike the previous night where I said it might have just been in my head, I could actually feel her protecting me and continuing to, and feeling this positiveness well up in me.

Comment

If it were me I think i'd dedicate a bit of time and energy into researching the Eleusinian Mysteries. While there is not a whole lot that is known for certain there is quite a bit of speculation and such about it. Figure Persephone, Demeter and Hekate are heavily influencing and it was a major cult practice. You might even find some of the words your thinking might be Celtic could be associated with the cult but have an entirely different meaning.

I would add the disclaimer that getting input from others on how a divinity figure appears can be really iffy. Mostly do to the fact, my opinion for certain, that the manner and way they appear to each of us will potentially differ quite a bit. In part because I think they will assume a form, shape or persona that often matches our own idea's of what they will look like, how they will act and how they will present themselves to us. In that capacity I think it is very limiting to them regarding which forms initially they may assume before us. Figure, my opinion again, that some will test to see if you are capable of discovering who they really are through research, commitment and dedication to the quest to remove the layers and notions we have of them.
                  I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                    If it were me I think i'd dedicate a bit of time and energy into researching the Eleusinian Mysteries. While there is not a whole lot that is known for certain there is quite a bit of speculation and such about it. Figure Persephone, Demeter and Hekate are heavily influencing and it was a major cult practice. You might even find some of the words your thinking might be Celtic could be associated with the cult but have an entirely different meaning.

I would add the disclaimer that getting input from others on how a divinity figure appears can be really iffy. Mostly do to the fact, my opinion for certain, that the manner and way they appear to each of us will potentially differ quite a bit. In part because I think they will assume a form, shape or persona that often matches our own idea's of what they will look like, how they will act and how they will present themselves to us. In that capacity I think it is very limiting to them regarding which forms initially they may assume before us. Figure, my opinion again, that some will test to see if you are capable of discovering who they really are through research, commitment and dedication to the quest to remove the layers and notions we have of them.
                    I've never heard of the Eleusinian Mysteries, so I'll check that out.

I'm starting to understand that. It's not a path that can really be carved out overnight, and that research will certainly be required to figure things out, along with any messages the Goddess sends me.

Tonight I tried praying to her and wondered why I was having so little luck contacting her. Then I kind of got a tingling feeling along with the thought in my head that I prayed for help in changing a bad habit, and then later last night acted upon that bad habit. I tried speaking to her again, and I saw lots of imagery in red, and I could hear her, but she sounded very angry with me. Not ready to give me up, but certainly disappointed, and asking me if this was some kind of game to me. She definitely seems like a tough love kind of Goddess, though I have to admit, it kind of steered me clear of that bad habit for tonight, so I still thank her for that.

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
                      but at the same time she told me she was a goddess of love, but kind of in a... sarcastic tone, putting her hand on my shoulder like she was talking to a child. She came to me in a forest.
                      As someone who appreciates sarcasm this is really funny if you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
                        As someone who appreciates sarcasm this is really funny if you think about it.
                        LOL that made me laugh now that I'm thinking about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X