Thread: Well, I guess the gods have called me

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Phrase
    "You are who you think you are. In other words, who you believe yourself to be."

Well, I guess the gods have called me

I had a dream last night, it was nothing truly mind-blowing and remarkably godly. A young woman I liked that my dream created was acting insecure and needed some love and reassurance and a friend, so I was happy to be that for her. She was really into this particular trading card game which came in blue and white plastic bags with another color on them that also had a snack inside (unusual for a trading card game). I bought a pack because she loved it so much and so that we could have something in common. The first card I got was beautiful, violet and sparkly and had a young woman kneeling in the center with her hands together and head down in amongst some greenery, gently glowing yellow. The name was Astaru and the card was amazingly beautiful. I wish I had one.

So when I woke up I googled it, and of course it doesn't exist. DX *sigh* Oh well. So this must mean something else.

I've been kinda-sorta interested in Odin and Thor and Loki and the other Norse gods and goddesses for awhile now. Apparently Asatru is a name for the religion they're in.

"Stop just looking and come over already." Seems to be the general message I'm getting.

What do you think?

Oct 2014
    Religion
    Hinduism with a dash of Heathenry

Re: Well, I guess the gods have called me

Quote Originally Posted by Fern View Post
    I've been kinda-sorta interested in Odin and Thor and Loki and the other Norse gods and goddesses for awhile now. Apparently Asatru is a name for the religion they're in.

What do you think?
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the "trading cards" pack might represent a set of runes. Other than that, I'm not much for divination.

Ásatrú is the Icelandic flavor of Germanic Paganism, Heathenry, Norse religion. There are many flavors of Heathenry. Ásatrú has become a generic term, sort of like 'kleenex' being used for any facial tissue. In non-Scandinavian traditions (including Icelandic) you may come across the names Wotan and Wodan, and Thunor and Donar. Those are the names for Odin and Thor, respectively. I don't know if Loki has a counterpart in Continental and Anglo-Saxon Heathenry.
    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Phrase
    "You are who you think you are. In other words, who you believe yourself to be."

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbjorn View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the "trading cards" pack might represent a set of runes. Other than that, I'm not much for divination.
    Ah. I have been studying runes, but have been slacking off for a few months. Sounds like they're reminding me to do my homework with that interpretation. X)

Jan 2013
    Religion
    Odinist

I won't try to intrepret that dream, other than saying the girl on the trading card might be yourself (again, I have no idea, that's just how my dreams work, so I'm totally extrapolating here).

Anyway, if you're interested in Ásatrú, welcome!
    "The idea is to be whispering, and not to gain the attention from the flock, but to get attention from the individuals. That's why I relate it to whispering. It's not something you can put on a big scale; you can't get sheep to attend to it. You need to have people who can stand for themselves. It is important to have a lot of space for yourself to be able to grow strong branches, which can stand in the most extreme surroundings."

Gaahl

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

What kind of trading card game is it? Is it Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon or Pokemon?

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Phrase

It was completely its own genre.

Feb 2015
    Religion
    Northern Traditional Shamanism
    Phrase
    Purge Negativity with Control

I enjoy Thorbjorn's interpretation of the possibility of the cards correlating to the Runes.
    Going off of that, here's my interpretation.
    Perhaps the young girl is a figment of form of your soul, or higher power. With this in mind, your dreams is pointing to the fact that you do like this part of yourself, but it is in need of nurturing. The cards, if we correlate them to the runes, could be a pointer to knowledge. This part of ourself is lacking knowledge, and our overall being wants to fulfill this craving by seeking and obtaining the ladder. But what type of knowledge do we seek? The card name was your answer. Perhaps this is what our higher being wants, possibly your ancestors, or past lives pulling you back to your origins. This is just a theory, if of course you are of a Teutonic background.

My advice is to go read more into Heathenism. There are many great websites and authors. Try the site sunnyway. Has a lot of great beginner information.
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/