Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BO problems

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

Re: BO problems

Are you allergic to baby powder? That might work.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Oct 2015
    Religion
    Norse Pagan (self taught - looking for more traditions)

Talcum powder Strongly advised against by my doctor using any powder bases. I Spend about 10 mins a week in the presence of most of my clients, collecting security tapes to review that sort of thing. That is one of the reasons I find this so annoying - most of my work is solo.

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Eclectic with some strong norse tendensies

Quote Originally Posted by Marradin View Post
    Talcum powder Strongly advised against by my doctor using any powder bases. I Spend about 10 mins a week in the presence of most of my clients, collecting security tapes to review that sort of thing. That is one of the reasons I find this so annoying - most of my work is solo.
    This sounds weird, but I saw on some danish forum someone suggested washing the armpits with intimate hygiene soap, let it stay there for about 10 minutes before rinsing it. Apparently that worked for someone, might be worth a try?
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by iris View Post
    This sounds weird, but I saw on some danish forum someone suggested washing the armpits with intimate hygiene soap, let it stay there for about 10 minutes before rinsing it. Apparently that worked for someone, might be worth a try?
    I said that already. But thelassa said that soap doesn't work.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

intimate hygiene soap,is not regular soap. Might fall into the summers eve family....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I said that already. But thelassa said that soap doesn't work.
    I said that even antibacterial soap only kills 99.9% of bacteria. Depending on the specific species of bacteria, a population can double in size in 2-4 hours in good conditions (good conditions being damp and warm, which is just about every armpit, ever).

It's not a practical solution, to shower that frequently. Plus it will dry your skin out and make sensitive skin more sensitive.

Plus, triclosan is bad. (hopefully a problem going away soon--not sure what the status of triclosan is in the UK, but its still in a huge number of products in the US)
    Last edited by thalassa; 15 Feb 2016 at 07:43.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Dec 2015
    Religion
    Celtic pagan
    Phrase
    Intergrity; doing the right thing even if no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Marradin View Post
    I have just had my job threatened and want to ask if there is anything I can do beyond moving to - effectively - the rock - as replacement for my current deodorant - which isn't working any more. The deodorant I use was the last stick type - that didn't cause a rash. I get rashes from all spray and roll-on deodorants. I have a long history of allergies, my boss wanted me to try talcum powders but my doctor nixed that one.

I have a medical certificate for my boss basically stating that due to my allergies my choices in 'Personal hygiene' extras were very limited. Just wanting to know if there was anything extra I could do. The doctor BTW thinks my hygiene regime is 'better than average'.
    My son actually uses women's deodorant because men's tends to give him a rash. You could try that perhaps?

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...
    I don't have an answer to what kind of deodorant (or, 'odorant' as my hubby likes to call it) to use. I'm in a similar boat, myself. I can't use gel based deodorants because it gives me a rash. Other deodorants don't last long, if they even work in the first place. Now, I didn't really have many issues with this until I changed my diet, last year. It changed my body chemistry which resulted in me having to look for new things. (there's a thread any that floating around here somewhere).
    I'm wondering if you're experiencing a similar problem. Did you make dietary changes a few months leading up to this becoming an issue for you?
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Oct 2015
    Religion
    Norse Pagan (self taught - looking for more traditions)

Trying to respond to A few things here
    1) Tried women's deoderent - it's the base that I'm allergic to
    2) no dietary changes in 3 years.
    3) only significant change was sinus surgery last year to help me breathe better. not going back on that - my health has improved immensely
    The rock seems to be working. but when I had 3 days off I forgot to put it on for 2 days and got a rash - wondering if that was because of the changes the rock causes - but that - so far - is dealable with.

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

Found a homemade deodorant recipe in an ancient thread.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs