Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What could be this presence be?

Re: What could be this presence be?

Seeing and hearing things are very common during episodes of sleep paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
      Seeing and hearing things are very common during episodes of sleep paralysis.
      I'm aware of that. It happens a lot to me since I was a child, actually. This time, however, it was different, as I said. It wasn't a regular hallucination.

(Just noticed that I wrote "be" two times in the title, sorry for that)

Comment

What makes you think it was sleep paralysis? I only ask because this term is bandied about a lot when actually there are other things it could be. Did you feel any pressure on your chest? Did you sense flapping wings?
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
          What makes you think it was sleep paralysis? I only ask because this term is bandied about a lot when actually there are other things it could be. Did you feel any pressure on your chest? Did you sense flapping wings?
          Yes to both of them. I'm sorry for asking, but what are these other things?

Comment

Sounds like sleep paralysis.

The Devil in the Room
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Eofor View Post
              Yes to both of them. I'm sorry for asking, but what are these other things?
              Well, it could be the Mare. Did you hear a voice speaking?

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                Sounds like sleep paralysis.

The Devil in the Room
                This is pretty disturbing, but I loved it. Thanks a lot.

Well, it could be the Mare. Did you hear a voice speaking?
                Not exactly a voice, but there was something laughing somewhere in the room - it wasn't above me, though.

Comment

Well, it could still be the Mare, but to be honest it's nothing really to worry about. The traditional remedy was to cross your shoes beneath the bed! A number of people swore by this, but if it is bothering you then I can look for others.

Comment

Well, it could still be the Mare, but to be honest it's nothing really to worry about. The traditional remedy was to cross your shoes beneath the bed! A number of people swore by this, but if it is bothering you then I can look for others.
                    Yeah, you're right. I'll wait a little, see if it happens again, but I'll try not to worry too much about it. Thanks a lot, Tylluan.

Comment

I've also heard to put shoes in your room so one points towards you and one away, so anything coming to cause you strife during your sleep will get confused as to which way to go. I still line up my shoes at the door like that.
                      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                        I've also heard to put shoes in your room so one points towards you and one away, so anything coming to cause you strife during your sleep will get confused as to which way to go. I still line up my shoes at the door like that.
                        Thank you! So far, Tylluan's idea has been very helpful, but tonight I'll try yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Eofor View Post
                          Thank you! So far, Tylluan's idea has been very helpful, but tonight I'll try yours.
                          How did it work out?
                          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                          X