Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Payton Manning is probably a jerk

Copper Member
    Sep 2015
    Religion
    Arratu - based on Sumer 4500 to 1800BCE

Re: Payton Manning is probably a jerk

No one, not even a celebrity is above justice. The problem is that you have to have someone credible to press charges and there has to be evidence with which to try them. Richard Nixon found out that even the president is not above justice. (although the current president seems to be)

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Well that law should really need to be change it just like a celebrity have diplomatic immunity. The law enforcement can't even touch them.
    Celebrities aren't exempt from the law. As DF said, it's matter of finding someone credible to find them. It also doesn't help that celebrities usually have the money and connections to throw at enough lawyers to shut the victim up, blackmail them, or just pay the victim off.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

I understand that. it's seems like more celebrities are being accused for crimes these days.

- - - Updated - - -

And I know that celebrities aren't exempt the law. I'm just saying that some celebrities are practiality invincible when they get away the crimes that they committed even in court.

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase

And I know that celebrities aren't exempt the law. I'm just saying that some celebrities are practiality invincible when they get away the crimes that they committed even in court.
    That's what I said--sexual crimes aren't processed enough, especially when committed by celebrities.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Of course celebrities does have weakness when they commit a crime but I can't think of one.

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase

Of course celebrities does have weakness when they commit a crime but I can't think of one.
    Fame can be a weakness as well, because their image can be ruined. But here in the us, reports of false rapes is 8%. Rapes that go unreported is I believe something alarming like 30%.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Copper Member
    Sep 2015
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by habbalah View Post
    Fame can be a weakness as well, because their image can be ruined. But here in the us, reports of false rapes is 8%. Rapes that go unreported is I believe something alarming like 30%.
    The last "report" that I saw put the unreported rapes at closer to 60%. It is all just supposition though because how do you count what isn't reported? I was raped when I was a child and it was never reported. My dad just told me that I was going to hell for allowing it.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Hey your right fame is a weakness.

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsFriend View Post
    The last "report" that I saw put the unreported rapes at closer to 60%. It is all just supposition though because how do you count what isn't reported? I was raped when I was a child and it was never reported. My dad just told me that I was going to hell for allowing it.
    I'm sorry that happened to you. Reported meaning reported to the police, not never told to anyone. The number largely seems to be drawn from psychological studies.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Copper Member
    Sep 2015
    Religion

You don't need to be sorry, it is part of what made me who I am today. I chose not to be a victim then and forever after that. It can be very difficult to get your personal "power" back but once you do you know how to keep it under any conditions.