Bleeding Candle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleeding Candle

I was burning a grey chime candle to Artemis as a combination thank you and apology for asking Her help on something (apology because I didn't feel that I received an answer, so I wanted to apologize in case I bugged Her). When it looked like it'd burned down completely, I glanced in the holder to make sure the flame was actually out. Let me state again that the candle I used for Her was grey:

Spoiler!

If you can't see the color well, it's reddish-brown. It specifically makes me think of blood from red meat. Like when you buy a steak or hamburger, the color of the blood left on the pad thingy. When it cooled, it turned a pale orange-pink (which I didn't think to take a picture of).

I acknowledge that it could be from residual red wax, as those chime holders are deep. But I always cleanse my candle holders and I didn't see red wax in there before I started. I can't even remember burning a red chime candle in there (they're fairly new. I have three chime candle holders). Also:

-My chime candles are in a box separated by divider walls so the colors don't rub off on each other. Grey isn't even on the same tray as red, orange, or pink. Even if it had been, I cleaned the candle beforehand.

-I hadn't handled anything red prior to placing the candle.

-I wash my hands before touching anything in my work room, or if I go in and out. I'd washed them several times before placing and lighting Her chime candle.

-I had touched blood before going into my work room (made hamburger for dinner), and offered Her some of the meat, but again, several hand washings.

I don't feel threatened or upset by this, but I am awfully confused and I feel a bit weird about it. Any ideas?
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Bleeding Candle

Have you burned this particular dye lot color candle from the same maker/manufacturer before?

I have a couple of candles where the color of the wax once the candle has burnt doesn't stay true (but is supposed to---not like our bleeding-on-purpose candles for Samhain).

Also, dressing oils, and other stuff can get into the wax and react with the dye and the heat sometimes too.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      Have you burned this particular dye lot color candle from the same maker/manufacturer before?

I have a couple of candles where the color of the wax once the candle has burnt doesn't stay true (but is supposed to---not like our bleeding-on-purpose candles for Samhain).

Also, dressing oils, and other stuff can get into the wax and react with the dye and the heat sometimes too.
      I've burned other candles from the same box without the wax turning red. I didn't dress it with oil, just cleansed it with a vinegar/lemon juice/salt water mix.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Update: I broke one of the candles from the same box in half. Grey all the way through.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

What a wonderful occurrence! Perhaps it has a mundane explanation and perhaps it is a "thank you" for your offering of the meat. A way to let you know your gift was received? The definition of the event seems to be in your hands. Accept it for whatever you feel fits.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
            What a wonderful occurrence! Perhaps it has a mundane explanation and perhaps it is a "thank you" for your offering of the meat. A way to let you know your gift was received? The definition of the event seems to be in your hands. Accept it for whatever you feel fits.
            I'm not sure what I feel fits, just that I feel odd about it. I'm wondering what it means.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
              I'm not sure what I feel fits, just that I feel odd about it. I'm wondering what it means.
              You are the only one who can decide what it means for you but I find it a marvelous gift of acceptance. I do tend to be optimistic toward all things spiritual.
              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
              X