LGBT Spirituality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LGBT Spirituality

I know that most religions are against the LGBT community. But is there some spiritual guidance that are open to the LGBT community?

Re: LGBT Spirituality

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I know that most religions are against the LGBT community. But is there some spiritual guidance that are open to the LGBT community?
    The Unitarian church is open to all faiths or no faiths. It is open to all genders and gender identities.

Comment

The United Church of Christ, the Episcopal Church, the Disciples of Christ, the Evangelical Lutheran Church, The Friends General Confrence (Quakers), the Presbyterian Church, Unity Church, Unitarian Universalist Association, any number of unaffiliated congregations, reform Judaism, reconstructions Judaism, some Conservative congregations, most Pagan traditions (including some LGBT-focused traditions), etc.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Don't forget Satanism. Of both ilk I believe.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

In Theistic Satanism you might come across some idiots regarding LGBT (*cough* J.o.S. *cough*) but most groups (and when I say groups, I mean people that sometimes say "hi" to one another; Satanism ain't about the group) are supportive of LGBT rights.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Well, there's the "Radical Faeries".

Comment

Originally posted by Eofor View Post
              Well, there's the "Radical Faeries".
              The who? Never heards of that.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Heathenry, Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism have nothing theological to say against LGBT or same sex relationships.

Viking Answer Lady: Homosexuality in Viking Scandinavia http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/gayvik.shtml

In fact, afaik and from what I've seen virtually no pagan religion has anything against it. Herakles, Zeus, Poseidon (iirc), and Apollo (love triangle with Apollo, Hyacinthus and Zephyrus) had their share of male lovers. I'm sure there are others.

Shiva and Vishnu once got it on, with Vishnu having transgendered into a female avatar named Mohinī. The god Ayyappa was born of that union. Relationship with Shiva as told in the Bhagavata Purana and Brahmanda Purana (confidentially, I think the story is hilarious and is one reason I love Hinduism :rofl.
                śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                  The who? Never heards of that.
                  They have a Wikipedia article. I only heard of them once, though. Sounds too much like New Age, but I don't know enough about them.

Comment

Temple of Set and most any other magical Lodges and Orders, because being LGBT is just another way the soul expresses itself through the human mind-body connection.

Comment

Most of your neo-Pagan religions are queer friendly.
                      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                      X