Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't we just kill everyone on the fringes for a bit more peace and quiet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't we just kill everyone on the fringes for a bit more peace and quiet?

First read this thread and article http://www.paganforum.com/showthread...earn-Her-Place

Then think about how [deleted] the male rights movement is.

Then think about the Hyper Feminist Fringe.

What amazes me is no-one ever mentions the Hyper-Feminist Fringe. They Are out there and they are as much (or more) of a danger as this sort of nonsense.

I've read so many posts on environmental news sites and elsewhere where women are saying that men are the cause of everything from Climate change and resource depletion to rising rape rates (that aren't really rising BTW - It's an increase in the REPORTING and CONVICTION of rapists, which is a good thing by all accounts now isn't it?) What they also suggest is removing the right to vote from men, giving them a glass ceiling beyond which they cannot be promoted (Ie firing all male executives and replacing them with women) Requiring all politicians to not only have had children but to have given birth naturally in at least one post. all the while denying the power that women have over men on the whole (not the abusive bastards and sociopaths, but your average, decent man) makes them at least partially culpable as a sex for not using their influence, either in raising their sons to be better men or over their partners/boyfriends/husbands/current live-in living dildo.

Although I personally disagree with it their was a quote in the 19th century that may help focus this. paraphrasing it "Women don't need a vote - they already influence to an extraordinary degree the vote of their husbands, sons and fathers." The same, at least in my experience, is definitely not true of men and their influence over Mothers wives and daughters. I'm not convinced it is true of women either. but I can tell you the first country that takes the vote away from men is going to be screwed. Their millitaries will swiftly decline as men refuse to join, their police stations will be even more short handed, farming and manufacturing will go into a steady decline. We both need to start treating each other as equals.

Is it my imagination or do we need to start forming pogroms to go and hunt the 'male rights fringe' (men only pogroms here) and the Hyper Feminist fringe (Female only here)? Am I right to be disturbed by thinking the only solution to both these groups destroying what I feel society is slowly (And finally!) moving to, an equal and tolerant society. Is it a statement on me or them that I see this violent answer may be the only answer?

Re: Why can't we just kill everyone on the fringes for a bit more peace and quiet?

Give it some time. The male whackos will never get laid with their attitude. The female whackos will never get laid with their attitude. And eventually the outside crazies will just die off due to complete and utter douchiness. Society in the norm will just get sick of them and not invite them to parties and what not.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Re: Why can't we just kill everyone on the fringes for a bit more peace and quiet?

The problem is it's memes we are fighting here. Not genes.

Unfortunatly you don't need to breed to pass on a toxic meme, just talk to an impresionable and/or stupid person

And I seem to feel I walk past at least one every day.

Comment

I suggest that the real answer is:

Do not imagine that because you hold beliefs that are common in the places you converse that you are right and those who disagree are "lunatic fringe." Violence against those who are different is always violence against those who are different, and encouraging MORE violence against difference is not, actually, going to increase acceptance of "those others." The actual solution is to live and let live, accept the differences in others - even when you don't like them, and don't get pissy about it unless you are actually under a REAL and DIRECT attack.

In short - do unto others as you would have other do unto you.

"Equal and tollerent" does not, can not, and never will result from the elimination of other viewpoints.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Think about this before you go off wanting to get the fringes,just might be you are someone else's fringe group,and they might consider your solution against you.
          As B. De. said,live and let live.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I would say that thinking that killing someone for their beliefs is the extremist position, regardless of what those beliefs are.

People come by extreme beliefs in many ways. Sometimes by extreme experiences. Who the hell are you to decide a rape victim or a woman traumatized by an abusive father in a sick version leave it to beaver should be executed for the views that give her the power to make it through another day?

The idea that men suck and are responsible for the ills of society is hardly a new one...it's been around since the days of Lysistrata. Because men have consistently held the power in society, and even today...and look what you've done with it. Is it really that much of a jump for someone to think that maybe you all should collectively see what it feels like to be marginalized? Or for some people to feel threatened by the very idea of losing their dominance? I'm pretty sure that is human nature on both sides.

TBH, the middle ground is not held by people with middle views, it's held by a spectrum of views coming to a consensus acceptance of the middle. And it is forced to progress (or regress, though the overall trend seems to be progreasion) by the ends getting tugged on now and again.

Extreme views most dangerous when we meet them with extreme violence. Violence, particularly by the state, creates sympathy and resentment where otherwise their might be apathy. Killing extremists simply for their ideas (and not for their actions) only serves to make more extremists (and often makes them more extreme) and turns the middle into its own for of extremism.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Yup - all change, both "progressive" and "regressive" come from the tugging that occures at the edges. Without that tugging you get stagnation, which is, itself, regressive.

Kill the musicians, kill the artists, kill the intellectuals (the three most "dangerous" forms of "fringe") and you kill your society.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

This comes around over and over...the Artist becomes a target because he bares society's dark underside also the musician speaks what most would never say. The intellectual is a strange matter,because sometimes the "Intelligentsia" turns out to be posers,and the true deep thinkers are labeled lunatic fringe and dismissed.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  I suggest that the real answer is:

Do not imagine that because you hold beliefs that are common in the places you converse that you are right and those who disagree are "lunatic fringe." Violence against those who are different is always violence against those who are different, and encouraging MORE violence against difference is not, actually, going to increase acceptance of "those others." The actual solution is to live and let live, accept the differences in others - even when you don't like them, and don't get pissy about it unless you are actually under a REAL and DIRECT attack.

In short - do unto others as you would have other do unto you.

"Equal and tollerent" does not, can not, and never will result from the elimination of other viewpoints.
                  I'm sorta in agreement. Except for us LaVeyan's the 'golden rule' is actually treat others the way they deserve to be treated. Eventually the little shits stop acting up when they get a continual smack from the back of my hand. Sorta like that.

Comment

These kinds of fringe, I could do without. The coloring book police. https://thelasthiker.wordpress.com/2...-and-mandalas/
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      I'm sorta in agreement. Except for us LaVeyan's the 'golden rule' is actually treat others the way they deserve to be treated. Eventually the little shits stop acting up when they get a continual smack from the back of my hand. Sorta like that.
                      I never know what a person deserves. If somebody barks at me, I don't know why... maybe his/her mother just died, maybe I said something accidentally that touched a raw nerve, maybe he/she just lost his/her job, stuff like that.

I strongly suspect that sometimes when people seem to be treating me badly I am actually being treated better than I deserve.

It's a conundrum...

We each deal with it in our own way...

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        I never know what a person deserves. If somebody barks at me, I don't know why... maybe his/her mother just died, maybe I said something accidentally that touched a raw nerve, maybe he/she just lost his/her job, stuff like that.

I strongly suspect that sometimes when people seem to be treating me badly I am actually being treated better than I deserve.

It's a conundrum...

We each deal with it in our own way...
                        I work in retail. I have the gift of knowing when you act like a jerk to me, it's probably because you are a jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          I work in retail. I have the gift of knowing when you act like a jerk to me, it's probably because you are a jerk.
                          LOL - I'll buy that...

Comment

People,can't live with them,can't nuke the planet...can't really do much of anything except get old and die to get away from them

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I notice that Sundays (THE church day) people tend to be highly pissy. It's like yeah, I got out of church but no, I'm going to just rip into this cashier who just wants to give me a coupon.

Comment

Working...
                              X