My Rant About this GD Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Rant About this GD Forum

I was writing another rant. A very well written rant. I was at five paragraphs and nearly one thousand words when suddenly mid-sentence the browser takes me to a different page. ONE THOUSAND WORDS. GONE. GO TO HELL PAGAN FORUM. GO TO HELL.

Re: My Rant About this GD Forum

You don't get the auto save function? I do, and I don't remember ever switching it on or anything. I often visit a thread and notice a message I'd started writing ages ago, that I'd forgotten all about, is waiting for me. Other forums I use don't have that function though, so to avoid the timing out thing, I write posts in Gmail (also auto saves) and copy and paste.

In the window where you wrote your post, there's definitely nothing in the very bottom left corner of the text box asking you to click to restore autosaved content?
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Myself,if I have a LONG rant or opinion,I do it in an editor and copy-past it in the forum. That way you have a bit of time to proof read it also.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

That reminded me of this old joke:

Jesus and Satan have a discussion as to who is the better programmer. This goes on for a few hours until they come to an agreement to hold a contest, with God as the judge.
        They sit themselves at their computers and begin. They type furiously, lines of code streaming up the screen, for several hours straight. Seconds before the end of the competition, a bolt of lightning strikes, taking out the electricity. Moments later, the power is restored, and God announces that the contest is over.
        He asks Satan to show what he has come up with. Satan is visibly upset, and cries, "I have nothing. I lost it all when the power went out."
        "Very well, then," says God, "let us see if Jesus fared any better."
        Jesus enters a command, and the screen comes to life in vivid display, the voices of an angelic choir pour forth from the speakers. Satan is astonished.
        He stutters, "B-b-but how? I lost everything, yet Jesus' program is intact. How did he do it?"

God smiled all-knowingly, "Jesus saves."
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

That's pf telling you to stop your nonsense and shorten that shit up. We ain't got all day to read dissertation up in here. I'm trying to look at cat videos.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

This was a good rant. I was even sourcing shit. Maybe after I finish hate smoking this pack of cigarettes I will try to write it again.

Comment

Whoo,Hoooo...Cat videos rock....and Sorry you lost your Rant..smoke those other hand rolled smokes and perhaps it will come back to you,or you just wont care:sarcasm:
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I hate it when that happens...
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Sucks to be you, huh?

Comment

If everything about this forum keeps pissing you off, why do you keep coming back? Because, let's be serious here, all you ever seem to do is rant.
                    This is a question I'm genuinely curious to hear the answer to.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

*digs into bag of memes.

ahhh...dis one...

Comment

If you are genuinely curious about why I made a post after losing a the thousand words I had typed I am actually happy for you as it must mean you have better discipline with the save function than I do. I would not wish such horror even on you, Juniper.

Comment

I don't trust the internets. If I do a long post I do it old school in word....word.

Comment

I generally don't do long posts as I try to say what I want to say without getting exceedingly wordy. My motto is "why say in a paragraph what you can say in a sentence?" Today though I was impassioned and when I started writing I just kept writing.

And I enjoy provoking discussion on this board even if the board itself doesn't enjoy me. It's like all my past girlfriends. I'm sure none of them enjoyed me either but I still enjoyed my time with them.

P.S. I did consider writing in Word but I have had formatting issues when copy and pasting to the board.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                              I generally don't do long posts as I try to say what I want to say without getting exceedingly wordy. My motto is "why say in a paragraph what you can say in a sentence?" Today though I was impassioned and when I started writing I just kept writing.

And I enjoy provoking discussion on this board even if the board itself doesn't enjoy me. It's like all my past girlfriends. I'm sure none of them enjoyed me either but I still enjoyed my time with them.

P.S. I did consider writing in Word but I have had formatting issues when copy and pasting to the board.
                              Hey, out of curiosity, what was your post about anyways?

For copy/past issues you need to copy normally but paste as plain text. I have the same issue when copying from browser to word. If I don't select plain text it shuts my word down! Maybe try using the computer's notepad or something like that? It might help.

Comment

Working...
                              X