I Love Everybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Love Everybody

I don't need to be judging people by my own morals to know cutting off some innocent person's head is like totally not good.

Let's also note these terrorists are doing this to their own people. So take the notion of 'the west' out of the equation. It's just shitty people being shitty to their own. It's wrong.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Just to give this thread some umpf. You guys don't really love everyone. Just who you choose to think is everyone.

I don't hate the world. I'm just pretty much indifferent to most of the population.
      I agree with this 100%

Edit: Had to hop on my computer. Anyway, I find it hard that any of you actually have a care for everyone in the world. Then again I'm lacking in a lot of departments that would have to do with that. I agree mostly with Medusa. I don't understand how you can love EVERYONE.
      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        I don't need to be judging people by my own morals to know cutting off some innocent person's head is like totally not good.

Let's also note these terrorists are doing this to their own people. So take the notion of 'the west' out of the equation. It's just shitty people being shitty to their own. It's wrong.
        You really don't need to tell me that harming innocent people isn't okay.. remember my public breakdown anyone? That was sparked by watching too many news stories about what these people are doing. But I'm pretty sure I also wished for the world and everything in it to be blown up at that point.. so erm...

As far as I'm aware it's only Isis and only certain groups (it's not a centralised organisation, so there's no uniform method of operation.. another thing that makes them so unpredictable and dangerous), that are killing their own, and even then it's generally because said person didn't fit their extreme views so were a traitor therefore enemy therefore not one of their own. They're not rational people after all.

As for the west.. we are involved and we are not blameless for what is happening, however well-meaning our involvement may have been.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
        Another reason why I posted this thread because I just want to brighten up the forum mood.
        Erm...sorry mate...
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

innocence is just an opinion or a point of view. I hear "kill Isis" a lot and it is no better than what they are doing. You don't see them as believers or caring about their families. You see them only as evil, the same way they see you.

If it is wrong to act in a manner that is evil to you then it is wrong to act in a way that is evil to anyone else. People are easy to turn into haters but the challenge is to not hate the differences but love the commonalities. The fact is, we are all different and our morals are our own. There is little agreement in "world" morals and less commonality than one might assume. Would you still love your child if he or she committed acts that are evil to you? If so then you can love anyone who is similar. If not then you don't know what unconditional love is.
          Just my opinion and my thoughts. Yours may vary just as our spirituality varies.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

innocence is just an opinion or a point of view
            Killing some child who is just being a child. Yeah. Totally see how evil and vile those things can be. You are right. That toddler was totally about to overthrow the gubment. Down with them in a hail of bullets! :=I:

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
              innocence is just an opinion or a point of view. I hear "kill Isis" a lot and it is no better than what they are doing. You don't see them as believers or caring about their families. You see them only as evil, the same way they see you.
              I confess to being mentally dim, so I'm likely off base, but there is a difference (in my mind) between wanting to stop horrendous acts of genocide, and committing them. Could you, possibly, explain how, in your mind, they become equivelent?
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

There is a popular misconception that hatred = ignorance. Unfortunately, I can take the time to understand someone, to analyze both act and motive, even to find commonality with them....

and still want to see them impaled by a road side as an object lesson. Familiarity can actually breed contempt.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

From love to genocide in two pages. This is why humanity is screwed.

Comment

See... I kept saying didn't I.. humans are inherently horrible. We didn't become as wide spread and successful by being at one with the universe and everyone in it! Just look at mob rule; how quickly we revert to animals when we act together with other man-beasts. I'd bring up the Milgram experiments too, but we'd be getting seriously close to invoking Godwin's Law...
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

It's ok to not love everybody.

It's ok to lie to yourself and think you love everybody too.

It's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        See... I kept saying didn't I.. humans are inherently horrible. We didn't become as wide spread and successful by being at one with the universe and everyone in it! Just look at mob rule; how quickly we revert to animals when we act together with other man-beasts. I'd bring up the Milgram experiments too, but we'd be getting seriously close to invoking Godwin's Law...
                        Humans are inherently contradictory - that's why we've spread. There is no purity in anything, neither good nor bad, humans included.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Really,you expect humans to act rational? Take a look at history,rational is NOT our strong suit. Live and let live,IF others will allow you to even stay alive.

Sometimes,even though it would not be my first choice,dog eat dog seems a safe bet for survival most times.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Dragonsfriend, I understand what you're saying a bit. To me a lot of shiz and how we feel is based on our point of view. Especially good and bad, right or wrong, our morals, how we feel about killing each other...lol. Point is a lot of things is just point of view like you said.
                            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

There are extremes and extremists in all religions. Mankind can adapt any philosophy to cover their needs for support of grievous acts against those they believe suppress them. There are people of all colors, faiths and gender that have minimized others to prove themselves better. In the USA alone we have done so to blacks, Chinese, Italians, Irish, Japanese and Vietnamese. We minimize members of opposing political parties although we haven't gotten to the point where we are killing politicians and members of the other parties.
                              When you grow up in a suppressed world and taught that your only way to make it better is to follow some extremist religious leaders and die in an attempt to make life better for your friends, family and nation while getting the ultimate reward in the after life it is easy to see anyone with different views as evil. It would be a lot harder to see others in any other way. I am not condoning the actions of terrorists but I can still find that spark of deity that is within them. I can love them without liking what they do.
                              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                                There are extremes and extremists in all religions. Mankind can adapt any philosophy to cover their needs for support of grievous acts against those they believe suppress them. There are people of all colors, faiths and gender that have minimized others to prove themselves better. In the USA alone we have done so to blacks, Chinese, Italians, Irish, Japanese and Vietnamese. We minimize members of opposing political parties although we haven't gotten to the point where we are killing politicians and members of the other parties.
                                When you grow up in a suppressed world and taught that your only way to make it better is to follow some extremist religious leaders and die in an attempt to make life better for your friends, family and nation while getting the ultimate reward in the after life it is easy to see anyone with different views as evil. It would be a lot harder to see others in any other way. I am not condoning the actions of terrorists but I can still find that spark of deity that is within them. I can love them without liking what they do.
                                Well you my friend are way better then the rest of the world. Kudos for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X