Your religious books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your religious books

To be honest, I'm not sure how to answer that question. I don't think there's no ultimate truth to religious books. I means let face the facts, The book was written by man that he got information from God or if he claims that he got the information from. Most of the religious books are just stories. If all depends on the people belief to see if there's really truth to books that they're reading. As a taoist I read the tao te ching because of the philosophical point of view. I believe this book is less dogmatic than the other religious books because it show you the way of life and the universe. That my two cents on this topic.

Comment

Re: Your religious books

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Questions:
      1 Does your religion have a definitive' book'?

2 What makes it true for you?

3 Do you think these other books are true? *and don't weasel out with 'well it's true for the believer' kind of answers. This isn't some political debate where you have to make sure you don't say the wrong thing to the crowd. Screw the crowd. Be real honest!
      1. As an eclectic pagan, no.

2. N/A

3. As Thalassa so eloquently put it earlier, truth is subjective. There's a bunch of truths presented in various religions in various ways. I read as much as possible and find my own personal truth. Do I think that the books are always true? No, but I believe that there is truth to be found in it, whether it's a long passage or a few words that hit home.
      ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Working...
      X