Time stream and movements along it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time stream and movements along it

Ok, lets just say that last night my mind was wandering down some really strange avenues of though. One of those can't sleep, or if I actually do get to sleep not sure I am actually sleeping. Visions, images, thoughts fill the mind and play across the minds eye.

So for the topic, I kept seeing or thinking about the notion of time as a tunnel and a passage. Specifically the idea of having a start portal and an exit portal that one can slip through. Basically you enter the time passage, go to your destination and exit. Sort of like catching an express train that travels in the greater time tunnel but has a hard established route with no extra stops or stations. You can go to past in what I was seeing though I had a sense a second tunnel went to the future.

So you've entered the start gate but know something is going to happen to destroy the gate shortly after you enter it. In my mental picture it was an explosion that clearly destroyed the station and components that made it possible. The image I kept hanging upon was like a garden hose that has a connection on both ends. After the explosion one end opened and water was just shooting out of the other end as the hose skips and jumps all over the place. Yet the person on the express route still has one end attached to the destination. So what happens to them?

In my mind they sort of get sucked into the main time tunnel and are lost. Figure they are basically in a water pipe and there are no "Exits" they can easily grab onto or escape from the currents. Yet at the same time those further along in the express route find that the tunnel is collapsing behind them and advances towards them as the affect takes greater control and time passes. If lucky they make it to their destination but then are stranded there. If unlucky they get sucked into the time stream and are lost, almost in a limbo state. If really unlucky they are crushed as the tunnel collapses and constricts or maybe become trapped in a time fragment once one end has crushed and the other end separates before it to gets crushed. I suppose you could say they are stuck in a time submarine and know one knows if they could ever escape it.

Reality wise I suppose you could compare it to any number of tunnels that cross under a river, bay, ocean, sea, etc. Open and connected on both ends yet unconnected to any side structures along the route. If something should happen to one end there is the potential of a greater disaster and collapse, etc. Those in the passageway near the event have little to no chance to escape its influence. Those further along and moving away have greater chance of escaping. Those who are moving towards the event less chance, especially as those behind them impact upon those standing still of unable to move forward or backwards. Yet as the influences from the event spread it takes effect upon more and more travelers.

So how was your night?
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!
Working...
X