Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Make America great - for everybody!

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Eclectic with some strong norse tendensies

Re: Make America great - for everybody!

A friend just sent me this, so I thought I'd share it, I quite liked it. It might interest someone http://www.businessinsider.com/what-...es-2016-3?IR=T
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1458519574847.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	4747

So I'm gonna leave this right then I'm also going to say that I happen to be one of those people who has a college degree that will be paying for for the rest of my life. I also have a full time job and a part time job. My husband also works more then 50 hours a week, and we have debt. You sit very high on that hrose of yours sir and good for you in all you have accomplished but I don't believe your as knowledgeable as you believe nor do I believe you have ever been as low as you claim.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Quote Originally Posted by iris View Post
    A friend just sent me this, so I thought I'd share it, I quite liked it. It might interest someone http://www.businessinsider.com/what-...es-2016-3?IR=T
    We actually are in desperate need of people who look, and think, and can see through American political propaganda.

Alas! with so many anti-intellectuals, and so much fear, and the rape of our education system, I don't know that this is possible to achieve.

I place my hope in the young, who, I think, are becoming sick of getting the sticky end of the stick.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

I've worked since I was straight out of high school. I was one of those who wasn't lucky enough to go to college. I was caring for my mentally ill mother at the time. I worked and worked and worked. I had a heart attack and was back at work 4 weeks later. Then suddenly I found myself in hard times being under employed with two jobs. I went on welfare for 6 months. Got back on my feet. And now I'm back to working full time.

Most people who need help are just like me. Need it and get it because THEY PAID INTO IT. It's OUR money too. It's not just ours when we are working. We give money to form a safety net. And eventually everyone (unless of course you are one lucky man who walked in the snow to fend off zombie nazis ) will need help at one time. Some people take advantage of that to a horrible degree. Most still do not.

I've also been homeless as a teen. And my mother as well because of her mental illness. MOST homeless are so effed up mentally in the head. NO ONE decides they are going to be crazy as a loon so that they can roam the streets and eat out of garbage can. Yes there are druggies, yes there are whinos (what, is this 1980?). But most are families who have fallen through the cracks.

And I'm not even a compassionate person. I'm pretty self resilient. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit by and watch some citizen (because that's the kindest word I can use without being banned off this forum) just spout complete and utter shit.

*no real names were used in the making of this soap box rant to protect the weasels. If you are offended, you must be the weasel. If not, take a seat.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

end of discussion

Once people have to start justifying their life experiences for why they have basic compassion and pragmatism, this ends.

There isn't a single person here that hasn't experienced hardship. The attitude of "woe is me...but I never asked for help...so everyone is just a lazy bum," is absolutely offensive to just about everyone here.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible