X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make America great - for everybody!

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Here are your shackles Madam....enjoy!!
    I'll...I'll take them if she doesn't want 'em.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
      I'll...I'll take them if she doesn't want 'em.
      You have them habbs, you'll put them to better use. They weren't really my style anyway ^^
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Comment

It wasn't "Luck" that I started my own business when I couldn't find a job. I had the freedom to do that and after working my eight hours for someone else I went home and spent another eight hours working for my customers. I built that business up to the point where I hired a welder and a machinist and then they had a job too. I had the freedom to do that. I didn't get much time with my family but I spent quality time with them every day. I am proud of not having to pay rent or make car payments. I like being able to spend my time as I see fit now. I am glad that I made good choices as to what was important to me throughout my life. You are free to make other choices and when you are my age you can compare your choices to mine. All the government "free" stuff that you have can be taken away by the government at any time. Where will you be then?
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Do you really think you're the only one who works hard? If working hard is all it takes then many women in Africa, who have to walk miles just to get clean drinking water, should all be millionaires.

As for age - I suspect I am probably older than you are - and I am very happy with my choices in life. While I am happy with my achievements, I always try and appreciate my good fortune too. I also try to be charitable to others when and where I can. My life has not been about money, greed or possessions, it's been about dreams. Yes, I have really bad health, and there is nothing anyone can do about that. But I have family, love, a job that I love, and those were things that were important to me. I highly recommend it as a lifestyle choice.

As for government 'free stuff' - it's not free. We pay in taxes, national insurance etc. And the only time it gets take away is when greedy materialistic politicians get into office.

There's a great lesson there somewhere...
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Right on,right on Mrs. P.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

People in Europe are free to start their own businesses, too. I know several small business owners, and I even know a few people who started slightly larger startup Internet companies. People do it all the time.

A few American friends who have lived in Europe posted this editorial on Facebook today:

I disagree with a few things, mainly that people don't care about others all that much on this side of the world. I think people over here have a lot less problem with their tax dollars going to others than people in the US do, because they can see those people and imagine themselves in the same position. Perhaps there is some self interest there, but I also think empathy does come into play. At any rate, the situation isn't so different in Germany, either. And as it lists several big, established companies and popular start-ups, if we consider Germany, that list gets oh so much longer on both fronts. Germany is the fourth largest economy in the world in terms of GDP, after all, and is home to heavyweights such as BASF, SAP, Mercedes, BMW, etc, as well as bigger startups like Zalando (which is the Zappos of Europe and most of the rest of the world), Soundcloud, Wunderlist, and a ton of others. It's definitely not impossible to start a business here. I'm freelance, which means that the government basically considers me a business with no employees. Although I lack some of the benefits that employees get here like paid sick days and paid holidays, the amount of support I get in the form of health care, family benefits, and education for my future children definitely makes that a lot easier for me. I know tons of people who left their jobs at the drop of a hat to pursue a dream job elsewhere or start their own business. We can do that, because we don't have to worry about losing our health insurance or not being able to pay for tuition fees.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
              Do you really think you're the only one who works hard? If working hard is all it takes then many women in Africa, who have to walk miles just to get clean drinking water, should all be millionaires.
              And of course, this.

And people like nurses, social workers, and teachers, who are paid far too little in the US relative for the amount of work they do and the amount they benefit society.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by iris View Post
              I think you're absolutely right. Values play a big part in it. It's a personal thing. It may to some extent reflect on cultural differences, but we have people who value stuff highly too. Lots of them. We have the big mansions with the garages full of cars, and those people worked hard to earn it. But they're probably a bit low on family life, or something else that matters more to someone else. It's just about priorities. I have friends in both ends of the spectre.
              For sure. I didn't mean that no one does. I mean, I own an apartment (although I sometimes wish I'd spent my money on travel when I was younger). It's just that a lot of people in the US look at the way things are here and just assume people aren't driving or don't own homes because they can't afford to, which isn't always the case. I know lots of people who want those things and buy them, but I also know loads of people who place their priorities elsewhere, like travel or starting a business without taking on debt.

And haha, you're probably right about the Cadillac commercial and its sales strategy. But still, it's awfully presumptuous. It's like saying "those people don't work as hard and they don't have famous companies or big cars." When actually, we do work hard, have huge multinationals, even better cars than shoddy Cadillacs (which any self-respecting German would consider a piece of garbage on wheels), AND 4+ weeks of holiday time each year. I'll pass on your smug, condescending commercial, Cadillac, and keep my much higher living standard, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post

As for age - I suspect I am probably older than you are - and I am very happy with my choices in life. While I am happy with my achievements, I always try and appreciate my good fortune too. I also try to be charitable to others when and where I can. My life has not been about money, greed or possessions, it's been about dreams. Yes, I have really bad health, and there is nothing anyone can do about that. But I have family, love, a job that I love, and those were things that were important to me. I highly recommend it as a lifestyle choice.

As for government 'free stuff' - it's not free. We pay in taxes, national insurance etc. And the only time it gets take away is when greedy materialistic politicians get into office.

There's a great lesson there somewhere...
                Well I was born in 1950 so you could be older. I give to charities and I donate my time and skills as well. I resent that government takes my taxes to give to people who become victims by participating in the programs. My back injury still limits a lot of what I can do, so one could say that I too have health issues but I still teach (without pay) and get to enjoy life and my hobbies. My life is about living it to the fullest. I don't have, nor do I need, a lot of money. My life style may not be so different from yours except in the "what" we do to fulfill ourselves. You also teach. Do you volunteer your time to charitable organizations as well?
                Yes, that is what I said, "All the government "free" stuff that you have can be taken away by the government at any time." Then all those people who have come to rely on that money will really be victims won't they.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Yes, we're so victimized by our government subsidized tuition. Gods help us.

Comment

I just realized I'm still waiting for a source for that case about the imam, and the general statement that we don't have freedom of speech or religion (or however it was put). Because I don't care much about politics, but that is a subject that interests me. I'd like to know.
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                      It wasn't "Luck" that I started my own business when I couldn't find a job. I had the freedom to do that and after working my eight hours for someone else I went home and spent another eight hours working for my customers. I built that business up to the point where I hired a welder and a machinist and then they had a job too. I had the freedom to do that. I didn't get much time with my family but I spent quality time with them every day. I am proud of not having to pay rent or make car payments. I like being able to spend my time as I see fit now. I am glad that I made good choices as to what was important to me throughout my life. You are free to make other choices and when you are my age you can compare your choices to mine. All the government "free" stuff that you have can be taken away by the government at any time. Where will you be then?
                      Jesus F Christ. We get it. You walked 10 miles to go to school in the snow with no electricity and single handedly fought off the zombie nazis. Give it a break already.

Gimme me the neg and smack. I'll gladly take it for the rest of us.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

A friend just sent me this, so I thought I'd share it, I quite liked it. It might interest someone http://www.businessinsider.com/what-...es-2016-3?IR=T
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1458519574847.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	353288

So I'm gonna leave this right then I'm also going to say that I happen to be one of those people who has a college degree that will be paying for for the rest of my life. I also have a full time job and a part time job. My husband also works more then 50 hours a week, and we have debt. You sit very high on that hrose of yours sir and good for you in all you have accomplished but I don't believe your as knowledgeable as you believe nor do I believe you have ever been as low as you claim.
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                            A friend just sent me this, so I thought I'd share it, I quite liked it. It might interest someone http://www.businessinsider.com/what-...es-2016-3?IR=T
                            We actually are in desperate need of people who look, and think, and can see through American political propaganda.

Alas! with so many anti-intellectuals, and so much fear, and the rape of our education system, I don't know that this is possible to achieve.

I place my hope in the young, who, I think, are becoming sick of getting the sticky end of the stick.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I've worked since I was straight out of high school. I was one of those who wasn't lucky enough to go to college. I was caring for my mentally ill mother at the time. I worked and worked and worked. I had a heart attack and was back at work 4 weeks later. Then suddenly I found myself in hard times being under employed with two jobs. I went on welfare for 6 months. Got back on my feet. And now I'm back to working full time.

Most people who need help are just like me. Need it and get it because THEY PAID INTO IT. It's OUR money too. It's not just ours when we are working. We give money to form a safety net. And eventually everyone (unless of course you are one lucky man who walked in the snow to fend off zombie nazis ) will need help at one time. Some people take advantage of that to a horrible degree. Most still do not.

I've also been homeless as a teen. And my mother as well because of her mental illness. MOST homeless are so effed up mentally in the head. NO ONE decides they are going to be crazy as a loon so that they can roam the streets and eat out of garbage can. Yes there are druggies, yes there are whinos (what, is this 1980?). But most are families who have fallen through the cracks.

And I'm not even a compassionate person. I'm pretty self resilient. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit by and watch some citizen (because that's the kindest word I can use without being banned off this forum) just spout complete and utter shit.

*no real names were used in the making of this soap box rant to protect the weasels. If you are offended, you must be the weasel. If not, take a seat.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

end of discussion

Once people have to start justifying their life experiences for why they have basic compassion and pragmatism, this ends.

There isn't a single person here that hasn't experienced hardship. The attitude of "woe is me...but I never asked for help...so everyone is just a lazy bum," is absolutely offensive to just about everyone here.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X