Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I Think I'm an Alcoholic and Need Help

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan, Greek, Wiccan, Norse, Egyptian

Re: I Think I'm an Alcoholic and Need Help

I've tried to quit drinking, and have failed miserably. What I'm doing now is only getting enough beer that keeps me from blacking out, stumbling, sluring my words ect. I figured I'd drink half the beer I use to. So I only bought half, and then gave my roommates my keys, and told them, and my friends, under no circumstances are they to take me to buy more beer once I've been drinking. Yesterday was the first day of this, and after I got pretty sober I started having the worst cravings for more beer. So I told my roommates I was going out to sit in my car and vape, not allowed in the house, my ecig and listen to mp3s. What I really did was walk to the store and bought another 25oz beer, and then had to walk back which includes up a pretty big hill. By the time I got back to my car I was so hot, and breathing so hard I couldn't drink the beer for about 8 minutes, and overall it was a 30 min walk.

When I did drink it, I didn't really want it that much by that time, but figured why not. I barely caught a buzz, but it did help with the craving. So instead now I'm just gonna buy 4 25oz beer instead of 3, stop drinking after 3 and save the fourth till I've sobered up and really crave it. Then go for a walk and see if I still have the craving. Even though I'm still drinking a lot, I'm only drinking 2/3 of what I did drink, and I am going to try not to drink the 4th beer. Hopefully this way I will learn to control my drinking.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

From personal experience,you are fooling yourself. If you walked all that way because of craving,it might be mild DT's I was a Heavy drinker in my 20's,so I have some idea what it feels like. If it is that hard to be without,you really need to find a way to quit completely..trust me on this.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan, Greek, Wiccan, Norse, Egyptian

I'm gonna try to control it.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe I'll find my gods

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
    April 23, 2016

I fell off the wagon again.

I'm not going to lie, even as I sit here writing this, I am sipping a beer. I expect your judgments and will accept them.
    Now you've fallen off, you've sat on the ground and hurt and wallowed now its time to get back up. It doesn't have to best it can be slow. Take it easy on yourself and most importantly forgive yourself. This world isn't easy but we are ALL here for you.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

May 2005
    Religion
    Muslim

1. Falling off the wagon is part of the journey. You know this already. Getting back on is also part of it. It's just something you will have to go through until you reach your goal.

2. Breathe in, breathe out. Don't panic. You got this.

3. You already did the right thing. You took the time and mental energy to post all about it. That is very good. Keep doing that, you're already doing this the right way. You got this.

4. Breathe.

5. Try to think for yourself why this happened. What can you do to help you next time around? Do you have access to it inside your house? Try coming up with something you can do when the 'urge' becomes too strong. Even if it's running for 2-5 minutes. Still a professional will probably have good advice on this.

6. You did the right thing. You are doing this so good. You got this.
    Do they not, then, ponder about the Qur‘an? Had it been from someone other than Allah, they would have found in it much discrepancy. [4:82]

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

It can be a hard road,or it can be a learning road...like learn to be whole..dump the beer goggles and see the sunrise with new eyes..
    Worth every tear and sigh believe me.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html