I Think I'm an Alcoholic and Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Think I'm an Alcoholic and Need Help

I've tried to quit drinking, and have failed miserably. What I'm doing now is only getting enough beer that keeps me from blacking out, stumbling, sluring my words ect. I figured I'd drink half the beer I use to. So I only bought half, and then gave my roommates my keys, and told them, and my friends, under no circumstances are they to take me to buy more beer once I've been drinking. Yesterday was the first day of this, and after I got pretty sober I started having the worst cravings for more beer. So I told my roommates I was going out to sit in my car and vape, not allowed in the house, my ecig and listen to mp3s. What I really did was walk to the store and bought another 25oz beer, and then had to walk back which includes up a pretty big hill. By the time I got back to my car I was so hot, and breathing so hard I couldn't drink the beer for about 8 minutes, and overall it was a 30 min walk.

When I did drink it, I didn't really want it that much by that time, but figured why not. I barely caught a buzz, but it did help with the craving. So instead now I'm just gonna buy 4 25oz beer instead of 3, stop drinking after 3 and save the fourth till I've sobered up and really crave it. Then go for a walk and see if I still have the craving. Even though I'm still drinking a lot, I'm only drinking 2/3 of what I did drink, and I am going to try not to drink the 4th beer. Hopefully this way I will learn to control my drinking.

Comment

From personal experience,you are fooling yourself. If you walked all that way because of craving,it might be mild DT's I was a Heavy drinker in my 20's,so I have some idea what it feels like. If it is that hard to be without,you really need to find a way to quit completely..trust me on this.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm gonna try to control it.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe I'll find my gods

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
          April 23, 2016

I fell off the wagon again.

I'm not going to lie, even as I sit here writing this, I am sipping a beer. I expect your judgments and will accept them.
          Now you've fallen off, you've sat on the ground and hurt and wallowed now its time to get back up. It doesn't have to best it can be slow. Take it easy on yourself and most importantly forgive yourself. This world isn't easy but we are ALL here for you.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

1. Falling off the wagon is part of the journey. You know this already. Getting back on is also part of it. It's just something you will have to go through until you reach your goal.

2. Breathe in, breathe out. Don't panic. You got this.

3. You already did the right thing. You took the time and mental energy to post all about it. That is very good. Keep doing that, you're already doing this the right way. You got this.

4. Breathe.

5. Try to think for yourself why this happened. What can you do to help you next time around? Do you have access to it inside your house? Try coming up with something you can do when the 'urge' becomes too strong. Even if it's running for 2-5 minutes. Still a professional will probably have good advice on this.

6. You did the right thing. You are doing this so good. You got this.
            [4:82]

Comment

It can be a hard road,or it can be a learning road...like learn to be whole..dump the beer goggles and see the sunrise with new eyes..
              Worth every tear and sigh believe me.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
              X