Things That Are Racist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things That Are Racist

Here's a few things that are racist: Klu Klux Clan, Confederate Flag, Lawn Jockey and Blackface. That's all the things I know that are racist. These things represent the prejudice and ignorance of history. If anybody knows anything else which is racist, post on this thread here.

Re: Things That Are Racist

The confederate flag has no more of a history of racism than the US flag. The confederate flag didn't fly over Japanese-American internment camps, and the US flag did.

Here is a complete, unabridged list of literally everything in the universe that is racist: Racists.

End of list.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

KKK is worse than racicist, if that is possible.

My grandfather had a cross burned in his yard by the KKK because he was Catholic.

Racists are not bad just because they are racist. Racists are bad because they make hatred into a virtue, and, when that happens, anybody and everybody eventually becomes a target.

Hatred is not a good thing, no matter in which direction it is aimed.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'll take "can of worms" for $200, Alex.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I am not a fan of the Confederate flag but I found the public outcry against it to generally more misplaced liberal outrage about something that isn't going to solve any problems. The outcry against the Confederate Flag was far greater than any outcry about conditions in the South like poverty, education, or actual racism. Of course if Southerners quit holding onto symbols of the Confederacy and decide to join the 21st Century it would help a lot to.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
            I am not a fan of the Confederate flag but I found the public outcry against it to generally more misplaced liberal outrage about something that isn't going to solve any problems. The outcry against the Confederate Flag was far greater than any outcry about conditions in the South like poverty, education, or actual racism. Of course if Southerners quit holding onto symbols of the Confederacy and decide to join the 21st Century it would help a lot to.
            Have to admit I always find it funny how people talk about the Confederate flag. As a culture many have tried to reclaim and re-purpose that flag. Yet everyone gets their arse in the air because of it. Yet no one has issues with trying to reclaim "Ni**er", Witch, Faggot and a thousand other words that have just as dark a history if not darker. Wonder how many would get their panties in a wad if people started pushing the Bonnie Blue Flag that wears a single star?
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I have never understood flags. People get really mad over flags. It's just a flag, man.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                I have never understood flags. People get really mad over flags. It's just a flag, man.
                Oh I don't disagree in that it is just a flag and that people get bent out of shape over them. For me personally it's just another symbol that part of my ancestry fought and died under as well as others who fought and died under the Union flag. As such its heritage and something reflective of their times and lives and the events that colored and influenced their world. Like the country, the whole issue split parts of my family in half as some fought for the state and some fought for the union. It's another symbol that denotes which ones are recognized as Sons of the Confederacy or Grand Army of the Republic (GAR). About the only thing for certain is a lot of men died for and under both those flags and very few of them did it to end slavery or support slavery on either side.

Personally I think it's such an issue to the south because of the mindset and culture of service to the state that permeated so much of our upbringing. Family, lineage, heritage were and still are major factors in lots of things that tie family roots and branches together.

Comment

You know what my problem with "the Conferderate flag" is?

ITS NOT THE CONFEDERATE FLAG.

It's the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.

The Stars and Bars, the Stainless Banner (in 1863), the Bloodstained Banner (in 1865)---THOSE are the Confederate flags. And, they are flags of treason. Sorry, you lost.

The battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia, on the other hand (not to ignore the Bonnie Blue Flag, the Van Dorn battle flag, or the thousands of regimental flags). And as to what we should do with them, I think maybe we should follow the words of Robert E. Lee--both the ones we know he said, and the ones that have been attributed to him from that time period and are consistent to his carachter and POV:

My engagements will not permit me to be present, and I believe if there I could not add anything material to the information existing onthe subject. I think it wiser, moreover, not to keep open the sores of war, but to follow the example of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, and to commit to oblivion the feelings it engendered.

(on the subject of Confederate war memorials)

Fold it up and put it away.

(on the subject of the flag)

Or, perhaps, we should remember the words of Jefferson Davis:

My pride is that that flag shall not set between contending brothers; and that, when it shall no longer be the common flag of the country, it shall be folded up and laid away like a vesture no longer used.

But no, let's not follow the advice of the people that were THERE! Lets double down on something that WASN'T PART OF THE SOUTHERN CULTURE until Brown v. Board of Education. National flags simply did not have the same meaning or strength of symbolism as a regimental flag did during the CW era. There is no "Southern Pride" aspect to the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia that is historically valid.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Flags, all flags are a part of our history. They are reminders of people we are connected with who served with honor in struggles that need to be remembered so we don't repeat them in the future. I'm not going to fall into the "Civil War" trap and with a determination as to who was wronged or right in that war but if we don't learn to respect those who fought and died on both sides and the cause behind it we will be doomed to repeat that struggle in the future. The flags are a symbol of honor of the men who gave all that they had in battle. That's why they are important to people.
                    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

That's why I have so much respect for suicide terrorists. They give their all for a cause.

As Nietzsche pointed out in The Anti-Christ, there is nothing especially important about martyrs - it is just as easy to die for stupidity as it is for virtue.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Those who fought in the "civil" war were not terrorist suicide bombers. One has nothing to do with the other.
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          That's why I have so much respect for suicide terrorists. They give their all for a cause.

As Nietzsche pointed out in The Anti-Christ, there is nothing especially important about martyrs - it is just as easy to die for stupidity as it is for virtue.
                          Guess you don't know to much about the forced draft for both sides. Yeah, some probably entered the war from a screwed perspective but a great amount of them were drafted. For many it was both a draft and a sense of shame if you didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                            Those who fought in the "civil" war were not terrorist suicide bombers. One has nothing to do with the other.
                            Respecting those who died for cause "A" has nothing to do with respecting those who died for cause "B"?

Strange...

You pretend to be so much more intelligent than that...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                            Guess you don't know to much about the forced draft for both sides. Yeah, some probably entered the war from a screwed perspective but a great amount of them were drafted. For many it was both a draft and a sense of shame if you didn't.
                            Yes, Monsno_leedra, I do know about that, and about how immegrants were drafted straight off the boat into one army or another, depending on where the boat landed.

I was responding to a statement about "those who gave their all in battle."

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              .. Yes, Monsno_leedra, I do know about that, and about how immegrants were drafted straight off the boat into one army or another, depending on where the boat landed.

I was responding to a statement about "those who gave their all in battle."
                              Ah understand now. I stand corrected, didn't connect the dots there,

Comment

Working...
                              X