I Think There's Something Wrong With Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Think There's Something Wrong With Me

Lately in this forum I've been saying faulty logic, bad generalization and also some extreme thinking. Is there something wrong with me? Why is mind saying these things? I'm not doing this for attention. I just want to know if it nothing or is there something to worry about.

Re: I Think There's Something Wrong With Me

Nah. You are just learning stuff you didn't know. We all are the same.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

We all say things that are faulty at times. Getting corrected is how we learn and grow. When you refuse to accept a correction, especially when faced with evidence of the fault, that's when something is wrong and you need to evaluate why you're refusing to accept the evidence.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

In order to think, you need to make mistakes. There is no shame in that.

In order to be better, you have to be worse before. There is no shame in that.

Shame should only come when one clings to wrong ideas in the face of solid contradictory evidence... but people who do that don't feel shame because they can't accept that they may have made an error.

When you find that you have made a mistake, admit the error, adjust your thinking as appropriate, and go on.

Knowing these things is a big part of what we call "wisdom."
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Oh Wise one,do allow us a few crumbs of your great and magnificent understanding of all things,great and small....(Be cool,fool)
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            Oh Wise one,do allow us a few crumbs of your great and magnificent understanding of all things,great and small....(Be cool,fool)
            Words of wisdom for Anunitu: Cheese. It's not just for breakfast anymore.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I may not be the best at comedy,but the show is free,and you may toss snacks in the hat....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                I may not be the best at comedy,but the show is free,and you may toss snacks in the hat....
                When I go to a free show, I expect better quality for my money.

Comment

I love you too,oh mighty master of the weird and wonderful world that is the InterWeb...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    In order to think, you need to make mistakes. There is no shame in that.

In order to be better, you have to be worse before. There is no shame in that.

Shame should only come when one clings to wrong ideas in the face of solid contradictory evidence... but people who do that don't feel shame because they can't accept that they may have made an error.

When you find that you have made a mistake, admit the error, adjust your thinking as appropriate, and go on.

Knowing these things is a big part of what we call "wisdom."

This.

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                    We all say things that are faulty at times. Getting corrected is how we learn and grow. When you refuse to accept a correction, especially when faced with evidence of the fault, that's when something is wrong and you need to evaluate why you're refusing to accept the evidence.
                    And this.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X