I'm In A Predicament Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm In A Predicament Here

Hello everybody. I'm in a bind here. You see every month on the first Saturday my best friend and I go to the movies together. He want to see Batman vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice with me next month. However I didn't officially promise him to go and see that movie because I wanted to go see that movie so badly this weekend. Also my SSI check comes in the mail on the first Saturday of the month so we might go see a different movie on the second Saturday of the month. So what should I do, should I go ahead see the movie this weekend anyway or should I wait for next Saturday to see the movie for my friend and cash my check after the movie?

Re: I'm In A Predicament Here

It's sort of biblical BMH but i'd say do unto him as you'd hope he do for you. If it's a history you have and he's given up movies he'd like to see in order to see them with you seems sort of shallow to me to stick it to him.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Just talk to him about it and tell him what you want. If he starts getting upset offer pizza and snacks. In any case you are both adults no reason why this can't be solved.
      [4:82]

Comment

In order to have a friend you must be a friend. Do what you would like your friend to do to you. Be a friend!
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I'd wait to go with my friend. Official promise or not, intent counts. Or, I'd call my friend and say "hey, I really want to go see this movie now and not wait. Would you like to go too, even though it's not our regular weekend?". If he can't go, I'd wait, because it's the right thing to do.

Often when we ask advice in a situation like this, its because we already know the answer, we just don't like it and want justified action to do what we want to do over what we should do, to be a better person.... When that happens, I generally try to ask myself what I would tell someone else in the same situation. If it honestly doesn't match, then it's pretty clear that the division is artificial.
          Last edited by thalassa; 25 Mar 2016, 06:23.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Ok I went on the internet to check and see if the movie is playing where my friend and I go to but unfortunately it isn't playing over at that theater. So I called him and explain the bad news. But the good news is I'll be able to see the movie where I go to tomorrow night.

Comment

Working...
            X