Should Men be able to hit Women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Men be able to hit Women?

I personally feel they should. I feel like if you hit you can get hit back despite who has more muscle mass than who. I know there are going to be some responses saying "No one should be hitting anyone" and "Violence isn't the answer" and all of that. But my question is:Should Men be able to hit Women?
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Re: Should Men be able to hit Women?

Be able? They already do.

If you mean legally, anyone can hit anyone, they just get in trouble for it...if caught.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Be able? They already do.

If you mean legally, anyone can hit anyone, they just get in trouble for it...if caught.
      I meant like if a female hit a male should he be able to hit her back.
      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

That's a loaded question for sure.

Is hitting open fisted or closed fisted? Is hitting putting your full force behind a blow or is it simply an open back hand applied to some part of the body? Sort of the question is smacking hitting? It also leads to the support questions of should they then be allowed to shove, push, restrain, etc as those seem to be as implied in what one can or can not do as hitting when it comes to male and female encounters.

That said most guys I know would say if she swings at you then its fair game to swing back. Yet the method of swinging back then becomes the issue.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
          That's a loaded question for sure.

Is hitting open fisted or closed fisted? Is hitting putting your full force behind a blow or is it simply an open back hand applied to some part of the body? Sort of the question is smacking hitting? It also leads to the support questions of should they then be allowed to shove, push, restrain, etc as those seem to be as implied in what one can or can not do as hitting when it comes to male and female encounters.

That said most guys I know would say if she swings at you then its fair game to swing back. Yet the method of swinging back then becomes the issue.
          I personally thought whether or not it's open or closed hand mattered. Smacking is hitting as far as I'm concerned unless it's so small it's a tap. Hitting is not putting your full force. I mean, I really don't know. Some people hit with full force some don't. I was just interested in your opinion on it.

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
            I personally thought whether or not it's open or closed hand mattered. Smacking is hitting as far as I'm concerned unless it's so small it's a tap. Hitting is not putting your full force. I mean, I really don't know. Some people hit with full force some don't. I was just interested in your opinion on it.
            I know for police perspective closed fisted or open palmed is a big difference. Sort of the difference between assault as a felony or assault as a misdemeanor. Both get you in trouble but the return is quite different.

I understood your just looking for opinions on it but as a subject its to broad I think to expect a generic response. Not only to broad but I think it also heavily depends upon circumstances associated with any occurrence. One might be justified yet change the conditions even a bit and it no longer is seen in the same light, regardless of who is doing the observing.

Comment

I think the real problem is that the violence that women commit isn't take as seriously as men's violence, even though it's just as physically and emotionally damaging.

Men have overwhelmingly less access to resources set aside for abuse victims, and are actively discriminated against in the legal system.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I think it depends on the situation and who is hitting who. For example, if a father is reprimanding a daughter by spanking her, then yes I think it is fine as long as he doesn't over do it. If it is between a woman and man it also depends. If a woman is attacking a man then he has a right to defend himself. However, if he is abusing her then no I don't think it is right for him to hit her. I just think it depends on the situation.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I guess men now know how it feels to be a woman.

Comment

You're right. Violence that women commit against men isn't taken seriously enough. I saw a video on Youtube of some woman shoving her bf(social experiment) and she was yelling at him and all of that fun stuff and some people were taking out their phones and saying "Worldstar! Worldstar!"'
                    But when the roles were reversed and it was him yelling at her and grabbing her arm roughly someone quickly stepped in.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    I think it depends on the situation and who is hitting who. For example, if a father is reprimanding a daughter by spanking her, then yes I think it is fine as long as he doesn't over do it. If it is between a woman and man it also depends. If a woman is attacking a man then he has a right to defend himself. However, if he is abusing her then no I don't think it is right for him to hit her. I just think it depends on the situation.
                    Yeah, I meant more of in a defense situation but I get what you're saying.

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                      You're right. Violence that women commit against men isn't taken seriously enough. I saw a video on Youtube of some woman shoving her bf(social experiment) and she was yelling at him and all of that fun stuff and some people were taking out their phones and saying "Worldstar! Worldstar!"'
                      But when the roles were reversed and it was him yelling at her and grabbing her arm roughly someone quickly stepped in.
                      I've seen a few of those staged video's on Youtube. What's sad, or ironic I suppose, is the vast difference between how society in general views the aggression between males or females. In some capacity it's the same imbalanced view that you used to see with insurance and driving. Yet it is also something that is very much driven by society in that i've seen situations in the US or Europe where the males are guilty and the females condoned. Yet the very same scenario in say the Philliphines and guilt was about equal as to who was at fault. Yet when it involved "scum" as seen by the society such as the Roma in the Med Region then the woman was almost always at fought and deserving of what she got from the man whom she had tricked or abused.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        I guess men now know how it feels to be a woman.
                        What do you mean?

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I think people, in general, shouldn't hit each other.

There are valid men's issues like underreported abuse, legal issues vs. women, and your regular general stereotypes. While these are all valid and deserve their fair coverage I feel like the issues are tainted by MRA's and bros who use them to try to invalidate important women's issues. Also, when I hear men talking about how they should be able to hit a woman when if he hits him it always comes off to me as a dude just looking for an excuse to hit a woman.

On the issue of defense, I mean, yeah if it comes down to it defend yourself. But, if a woman hits you it doesn't give you the right to beat the shit out of a woman which is what sounds like what a lot of men who debate for their right to hit women back want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                            What do you mean?
                            The gist being that because of your gender, you are treated differently and there is a double standard and little resource for you. As in when men get abused, they find they are looked down upon, their masculinity is called into question etc. When women get abused they get looked down upon, their decision making is called into question and their worth as well. It's not right. But as a woman I feel it and understand the subtext that this world is definitely not made with a female in mind.

I don't think anyone should hit anyone. But it's not what I think that's important. It's what does a man who is six feet tall and over 200 think when he hits a woman. Like really? If you want to hurt a woman just tell her that her vagina stinks like cat food. I mean use your brain. You won't go to jail for that.

Comment

Since dawn of time men have faced injustices as much as women. It's not about the patriarchy. People with lots of power are genderless, and they treat their "subjects" as shit no matter their gender. We get different issues because of gender, but we men get as much social issues as women.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
                              X