This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Natural Cleaning Solutions

Oh excellent! I thought it had to be that specific soap, which is why I didn't add it :P Reading comprehension fail!

I'll have to try that ash thing. I dye my hair all the time, and for a few weeks afterwards, Teh colour runs when I shower and stains my ears. Would be good not looking like a smurf ;D

Comment

Here are a few that I've just found:

(not all of them are necessarily "natural", but they are all DIY versions of commercial products)

reusable drier sheets
      Magic Eraser
      Lemon air freshener
      wrinkle release spray
      swiffer covers

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I have a vinegar testimonial to share.

I used to work in an optical lab where I operated a series of machines that put coating on lenses. This was done by a process that turned hard substances into vapor, so it got pretty damn hot in there, obviously. A few squirts of vinegar and all that caked on crud came off like it does in the CLR commercials.
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Ash (hard wood or dried leaf) + Water (left to sit) = Lye

That's why it cleans so good.

Comment

Here is a stick to beat the nice troll with ...
            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I have been using some products form www.norwex.com,
              many of the microfiber cloths require no cleaning solution at all, just water.
              The dishcloth is amazing! Yes, you still use dish soap, but the cloth can be used for months and it never smells, because it is not absorbant.
              The products are a bit pricey, but they do save you money in the not-so-long-run.
              What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Found a formula for a very cheap and fairly effective multi-purpose spray.

1/4 tsp tea tree oil

1/4 cup white vinegar

3 cups water.

Not sure how heavy duty this is because I don't let my benchtops get that crusty, but it does cut through oils.

Comment

Working...
                X