Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SFSU Campus Employee Assaults White Sudent for Cultural Appropriation

Originally posted by Briton View Post
    borrowing stuff from a particular culture (regardless of its precedence) on the basis it looks cool, is offensive
    Exactly, Japanese people should stop wearing kimonos because it's an offensive appropriation of Chinese culture!
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

All I am saying is,do not try to copy my younger days as a strawberry blonde(From Irish and British and some Norse(Dutch)genes,and also Italian for the darkish skin)

- - - Updated - - -

Watched the new "Rush Hour" TV series,and the Chinese guy has Blonde Hair....That's the bad guy Chinese one.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
        Exactly, Japanese people should stop wearing kimonos because it's an offensive appropriation of Chinese culture!
        I didn't realize the Chinese found it offensive back in the 5th century.

Interestingly, the wikipedia page on kimonos has been slightly defaced:

It was during the 8th century, however, that Chinese fashions came into style among the Japanese, and the overlapping collnnnnnnn طar became particularly women's fashion.[5]

But you're right, I should have written "can be offensive", rather than "is offensive".
        I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
        Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
        But that day you know I left my money
        And I thought of you only
        All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Offended. Offensive. When did this become a legal idea? When did it become a right?

People are ninnies.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

You have the right to remain silent, to offend, or to be offended. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law, a college campus, or on the streets. You have the right to be a flaming jerk-o-saurus, or a cry baby. If you cannot afford to be a flaming jerk-o-saurus or a crybaby, shut up, lock yourself in a closet, and pretend you are an elf warrior. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

well i never!

*clutches pearls
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Neever?....NEVER?..Not even once?....clutches my Huevos rancheros...
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  Offended. Offensive. When did this become a legal idea? When did it become a right?

People are ninnies.
                  It was more an observation. You don't HAVE to care. You may or may not deem it expedient to accommodate them, if causing offence to the individual isn't worth what you're doing.
                  I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                  Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                  But that day you know I left my money
                  And I thought of you only
                  All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Working...
                  X