Legislating bad science in Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legislating bad science in Utah

This is absolutely, completely and utterly NOT A DEBATE about abortion.

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Legislating bad science in Utah

Yup - too weird for words...

Politicos who know nothing about education also make education laws.

Maybe ignorant people in gooberment who don't know enough to know what they don't know, and chose imbecilic advisors who also know nothing, then sell the whole mess to ignorant voters is to blame for silly little snaffus like this?
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Maybe ignorant people in gooberment who don't know enough to know what they don't know, and chose imbecilic advisors who also know nothing, then sell the whole mess to ignorant voters is to blame for silly little snaffus like this?
      Absolutely.

Maybe legislators should be called up like jury duty. Science legislators make science regulations, education legislators make education regulations, etc. You get picked by lotto, and a panel of experts choose the most qualified.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Those who make the laws rarely understand what they are doing. At first glance it seems only right to provide pain relief to an unborn "child" prior to killing it BUT the science behind it isn't supportive. Lawmakers often respond to faulty logic and most people tend to follow along. (it works with gun control, why not abortion?)
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

One would think if said fetus is below the age that it has brain activity, at the least, it couldn't register pain....
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
            One would think if said fetus is below the age that it has brain activity, at the least, it couldn't register pain....
            IF one would think in the first place. It is an emotional response without the thought process involved.
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Maybe give the 'baby' a big fat dose of 'anesthesia' and boop, it DED. Then suck it out or whatever it is they do now a days.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                Maybe give the 'baby' a big fat dose of 'anesthesia' and boop, it DED. Then suck it out or whatever it is they do now a days.
                Problem is that it passes to momma...

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                IF one would think in the first place. It is an emotional response without the thought process involved.
                "Pain" is both a physiological response to neurological stimulation and trauma and a mental response that can be completely or partially independent from neurological stimulation and trauma.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Totally off topic but this made me think of this

Armageddon (1998)

Ronald Quincy: I know the president's chief scientific advisor, we were at MIT together. And, in a situation like this, you-you really don't wanna take the advice from a man who got a C- in astrophysics. The president's advisors are, um... wrong... and I'm right.
                  I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                  X