Ant problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ant problems

We put borax all along the window sills where they are apt to come in. They never cross the line.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone. I definitely am going to take the advice and hopefully these buggers will go away.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

If your ant problems are carpenter ants the diatomacious earth will kill the nest quickly and it is safe around animals that are not insects. For sugar ants there are two baits that work well and both contain borax (boric acid). It is mixed with sugar syrup or peanut butter. If the ants are after protein the peanut butter mix works well and if they are after sugar then the sugar and borax works well. You can make your own with recipes found all over the net but you have to really mix the boric acid into the other ingredient very well or the ants will eat around the borax and it is just another food source.
        Carpenter ants live in the wood structure of your home boring holes in the framework of a building causing structural damage.
        Sugar ants are smaller which is why the diatomacious earth is not as effective on them and they live in the insulation in your home or in underground nests around your home. If you find a nest you can force them to move by pouring boiling water on the nest after sunset when all the ants are home. It takes a lot of boiling water so use a large pot to boil the water. This will kill most of the ants but some will survive and they will move the nest - maybe into your house so be sure to use something to protect your home before you destroy the nest. "Home Defense" is a good product that will last a year in dry conditions but if you live in rainy or humid areas then you will have to reapply after it rains or up to every month in humid weather. Caulking any cracks between doors, windows and the house and any gaps between counters and walls will help keep the sugar ants out. Using products like "Pledge" will keep the ants away indoors and it is safe for your pets. If you use vinegar to clean with be aware that vinegar is a sugar product and after it dries it will actually attract sugar ants. A spray bottle of vinegar will kill the ants on contact and it is safe for most pets (not sure about fish or birds). Spraying insects (ants, bees, wasps, and spiders) with "Pledge" will kill them at once. It suffocates them by coating their bodies with wax.
        These are things I have used and have worked for me. I had to adjust the amount of boric acid in the baits to make it effective but it is very good.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
        X