Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Everybody is boycotting North Carolina

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
    Ironically, more GOP politicians have been arrested for bathroom shenanigans than Trans people.

I don't want Republicans to be in the same bathroom with my kids.
    Seriously, the people hollering most about this stuff are the ones who think of it in the first place. This is why the rest of us are baffled.

This reminds me of the ERA days, where there was a constant threat of "If you want to be treated as equals, then someone's gonna rape you in the bathroom."

Also, under current public bathroom practices, rapists and murderers have been able to ambush people. They don't need to disguise themselves in the clothes of the opposite gender, they just go in when no one is looking. This is why family style bathrooms are becoming more popular (as well as the mom/son, dad/daughter) situations.

Also, having survived unisex bathrooms in my college dorms, I can tell you that it works fine with stalls. Even showers. Some things are really no fun in public no matter who is around, and discomfort over the rest fades pretty quickly. Mostly it was just women upset about the guy Who Would Not Aim. Although he did pretty much end up with his own personal stall by default, and the women could rule him out as a dating prospect.

Anyway, use the bathroom that makes you feel comfortable and don't be a creeper. My sage advice

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      can someone moves this back to debates?
      i have broken my pf authority.

Wags the fickle finger of fate in Duce's direction...while saying tisk,tisk,tisk!

- - - Updated - - -

I sorry...
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

If someone is going to try and hurt kids, they will do it regardless of this law. Just a bunch of conservatives clutching at their pearls screaming "think of the children!" as an excuse to not own up to being a bigot.
        “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

This fear has been embedded in social interaction and reinforced by religious bodies for a VERY long time. Kind of ironic that the religion covered the sins of their own clergy for such a long time. Children,safe in the bathroom,but not so much in Church(Is my anger showing?)
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The sad and sobering fact is that children are more likely, by a staggering percentage, to be assaulted by a family member than a stranger.
            “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

If we have stalls with doors (unlike the Finns) and no urinals, do we even need separate rooms? I'm also interested in how these laws are going to be enforced. Will restaurants and shops be expected to have bouncers to check everyones birth certificate at the door?

In London the old public conveniences have closed and we have these kiosks in the street: one WC and a door that opens automatically after 15 minutes in case you've died in there.

Comment

Working...
              X